View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:30 PM
So sorry for your losses, I have 6 cats, and one of mine was knocked down by a car last year, she was in a right mess, and "Died" on the operating table at the vets, and was brought back, she has made a very good recovery, but only has one lung functioning now.The cars outside my house race down the hill, I actually went and told one woman off after she bombed down the road and nearly knocked me and my dogs over when we were crossing and she looked amazed that I had the nerve to follow her to say something, I asked her to be more considerate with the speed she drives at, but I might as well have been talking Swahili, I don't know what the answer is, I worry about my cats all the time, but apart from one cat the others all want to go out, so its hard.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
is there an invisible boundary type thing you can get for cats? I have heard about them for dogs not sure about cats though. Glad teasure is home.
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Oh Gary, I am so very sorry at your loss. It is such a difficult decision. My cats did love being outside, but to lose Tiger and then almost his sister Treasure at such a young age has made us rethink it all. Treasure does want to be back outside, but obviously as she doesn't have any claws she wouldn't be safe anyway, without the added worry of cars. Losing Tiger in such a tragic way has affected us all badly and we miss him every single day, as does his sister I really couldn't go through that again.

On a brighter note Treasure is doing really well. Her toes have all healed well, even though it does look like most of them will never grow claws back again. Over the weekend she jumped on top of her scratching post and slid straight off again - life is tough without claws
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2