View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 12:43 PM
There is clearly more to this than has been reported, but nothing will bring back the little baby or the dogs...

The family will haver to live with this forever

Such an avoidable tragedy.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2009, 12:52 PM
As others have said, how did the gmother not hear the dogs attacking? I've never seen a dog attack to be honest but I imagine it would be a fairly noisey affair? This story doesn't sit right for me, but a tragedy none the less.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 12:53 PM
i am sorry but as a parent it just horrifies me that a grandmother can place her 3 month old grandmother on a flipping table to sleep ???????????????? wtf??

If i caught my mother doing that i would kill her. Luca could easily roll at 3 months and there is just no way that placing a baby on top of a dining room table so thus quite high is ever going to be a good idea.

I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone other than the baby here and the dogs.
As adults, both the parents and the grandmother who thought this arrangement was acceptable must have something wrong with them to think that its an acceptable place for a baby to sleep???

That baby probably rolled off on to the floor and that alone will have caused some serious injury.

I think it defies belief that this has happened and that its reported so matter of factly like its not wrong ?????

It all sounds very strange to me and i cant see how the grandmother was particularly responsible person to have left a child with.

poor little baby and poor dogs as they are the ones that have suffered through idiotic parenting.

it really angers me.. I mean you get it drummed into you never to leave your baby on the sofa etc etc when you are at HV or doctors and yet a dining room table is better ???? idiots .
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2009, 01:37 PM
To be fair it doesn't say that he was just plonked on the table without anything else. Not saying it wasn't like that and I am not defending anything about the sad sad situation BUT I don't think that article actually gives enough detail to categorically say he was lying directly on the table. He *may* have been in a moses basket or carry cot on the table.
Regardless it doesn't make the situation any better but...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
To be fair it doesn't say that he was just plonked on the table without anything else. Not saying it wasn't like that and I am not defending anything about the sad sad situation BUT I don't think that article actually gives enough detail to categorically say he was lying directly on the table. He *may* have been in a moses basket or carry cot on the table.
Regardless it doesn't make the situation any better but...
I understand what you're saying, but the article extract in the OP did say

"Speaking after the inquest at Merthyr Tydfil Law Courts, Mr Williams said the baby was lying on a large pillow on the dining table when the dogs took him. Jaden had been placed there temporarily, and would not have stayed there all night, he added"
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I understand what you're saying, but the article extract in the OP did say

"Speaking after the inquest at Merthyr Tydfil Law Courts, Mr Williams said the baby was lying on a large pillow on the dining table when the dogs took him. Jaden had been placed there temporarily, and would not have stayed there all night, he added"
OK I completely take it back - thank you for cleaing it up. The quote from the article in the OP did not have that detail in it though. Just shows in reporting how details can easily be dropped though which can have an effect on how the situation is understood.

Thanks Hali
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
OK I completely take it back - thank you for cleaing it up. The quote from the article in the OP did not have that detail in it though. Just shows in reporting how details can easily be dropped though which can have an effect on how the situation is understood.

Thanks Hali
you're welcome

(but it was in the OP - towards the bottom of the quote)
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
you're welcome

(but it was in the OP - towards the bottom of the quote)
Damnit you're right That'll teach me to only open Dogsey in a tiny window so that no one else can see I am on it while at work tee hee!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I totally agree with Dani! How ridiculous, dangerous and downright stupid to leave a baby asleep on a pillow on a table!!! It is absolutely unbelievable!

I feel very sorry for the victims in this case - the baby and the two dogs.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I don`t believe a word of it! No-one places a baby who can roll over (usually by 3 months) on a table and leaves them. And goes off to bed leaving a baby there? I don`t think so.
We`ll never know the real story - the damage has already been done.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »