View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
One is just as bad as the other and I personally never donate to either. It is absolutely ludicrous that two resdcue societies carry on like this with no thought that at the end of the day its the dogs and other animals who suffer.

It really does not come as any surprise to me I might add.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
It is sad to see all that money going on the adverts, but I think a lot of people don't appreciate the difference between the the two. I know I didn't 'til a few years ago when the SSPCA was really struggling. Maybe they need a change of name to make it clear???
looby-loo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Spot and Borderdawn you are right....Why cant they just work together for gods sake!
They can't work together as the SSPCA report to the crown office in Scotland whereas the RSPCA are a law unto themselves. .

I also don't think it is an obscene amount of money when you consider the money the SSPCA may raise from such a campain.

I do think it is a hard hitting bit of advertising.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
It's a shame because the SPCA have a very valid cause for complaint but to hit back with slanderous, costly advertising is very poor!

I have never been a fan of the RSPCA and their way of approaching fund-raising. Emotional blackmail is not the way to get donations. You need to show positive, happy things that your donation "has" done, that way you encourage, not push.
hamish
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Well. I am for it, bring it on I say, the sspca are losing millons to the rspca - have done for years. I strongly support the sspca and dogs trust havin rehomed all my animals from them over the years. Hard hitting advertising maybe but its to the point - and i like it. The childrens charity Children first have the same issues with english based charities taken money innocently donated that may have been intended for Scotland. The rspcas are much richer, rather my pennies go the the sspca centres.

So no, I dont think this is negative. Its highlighting a contentious issue that needs to be resolved.
hamish
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
One is just as bad as the other and I personally never donate to either. It is absolutely ludicrous that two resdcue societies carry on like this with no thought that at the end of the day its the dogs and other animals who suffer.

It really does not come as any surprise to me I might add.
In what way does this advertising campain cause suffering to dogs and other animals ? Just dont see it. I do see it as a positive step forward for the animals in scotland if the sspca will come out of this with better funding.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
In what way does this advertising campain cause suffering to dogs and other animals ? Just dont see it. I do see it as a positive step forward for the animals in scotland if the sspca will come out of this with better funding.
The money would have been better spent on the animals and the matter handled in a more mature approach. they should rise above the RSPCA, not join them.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
If the SSPCA are so hard up and need more funding then its even more shameful the spent £100000 on a smear campaign . . Which is what it is!

Of course the animals are going to suffer, you can fed and house a lot of pets for £100,000
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't give money to the RSPCA anyway.

They're a waste of time.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=hamish;1594108]In what way does this advertising campain cause suffering to dogs and other animals ? Just dont see it. I do see it as a positive step forward for the animals in scotland if the sspca

The money that is being spent on the campaign in my opinion could be put to better use for the dogs and other animals. I have known for years that the RSPCA don't help dogs in Scotland and don't need this campaign to bring it to light.

I am not of fan of eiither ther RSPCA or the SSPCA I lean more towards Dog Trust who will not put a healthy animal down.

I do not see it as a positive step so we shall just have to agree to disagree
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »