View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 10:35 PM
The thing that worries me is that she IS hungry, she eats all my other dogs food, my cockers will only eat when hungry, so often food will be left in their bowls, but Sassy seems to want to eat everything in sight!

Surely a growing pup of not 4 months needs more than one tin of puppy chum??
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Has she been wormed? All I can think of is that the food is going straight through her - how is her poo? Or she is just being greedy, have you tried giving her a warm meal - this might control how fast she eats and therefore might fill up better.

Sorry it might be awkward to understand but I know what I mean, it just won't come out right.

Ian
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
It's one 400grm tin split into 3 meals, no mixer added, just the tinned meat..........it just doesn't seem enough to me?
Kingsley eats nearly as much as that in a day, and he's a toy breed, and not growing!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 11:10 PM
my BC,s are not big eaters either and yet with all their racing about you would think so

ours have complete food
but to be honest don,t eat loads
they are fed twice aday and never normally finish their teatime meal
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 11:25 PM
hmm yeh i would think worms too!

what does it say on the back of the tins for recommended feeding amount?maybe shes jus a pig
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Worming was the first thing I did when she arrived, the breeder never told my sister about worming, so I gave her some about 4 weeks ago, so when she arrived yesterday I did it again. I'll see if that makes any difference!

Regarding her 'poo' it is rather loose, but puppy chum always did this to my pups, that's why I don't use it any more.

This morning, Ive added a tiny bit of soaked (warm) puppy complete with her meat, I'll see if that helps.

Thanks guys for your help, will keep you posted
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2005, 09:27 AM
I found that ped puppy food was too rich fot our lot, we used to feed them anoyher brand.

Ian
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2005, 11:19 AM
My two recent litters, I used Burns mini-bites, when they started getting bored with the dried food, I just added a teaspoon of Butchers Tripe............not once did we have upset tummies or anything like Sassy is passing Lily is still on the Burns and doing really well on it!

I think the Puppy complete seems to be working with Sassy, I fed her at 8am and she's been asleep for nearly 2 hours, my sister said she's NEVER slept this long, so lets hope a full tummy helps to settle her!
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi A full tummy will help her settle for a while but you have just discovered the delights of a normal active BC pup LOL. They do run round like loonies. Pedigree puppy is a complete food so biscuits arnt always added however one tin is not enough in my opinion so if your sister would like to introduce complete then mixing it with the tinned food shouldnt harm. Burns minibites should be ideal for this. As to the worming I dont know what you are using but I would use Drontal as BC's can have problems with Panacur and Milbemax isn't recommended for collie breeds. Can i be nosey and ask if you know where she got her puppy from ? Have fun
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2005, 01:52 PM
and CC please add some more pics before she goe,s home

thanx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >