View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Sorry i can't help but wondered if you can help me. I was thinking of getting one of the ezydog ones for my gsd. Are they any good as the price is a bit better.
snakeman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
Sorry i can't help but wondered if you can help me. I was thinking of getting one of the ezydog ones for my gsd. Are they any good as the price is a bit better.
Sorry for the late reply,just seen your question.Yes I really like the ezydog ones.Easy to adjust and put on and seem strong enough.Both of mine have them but the bordeaux is outgrowing their largest size..
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
Sorry for the late reply,just seen your question.Yes I really like the ezydog ones.Easy to adjust and put on and seem strong enough.Both of mine have them but the bordeaux is outgrowing their largest size..

I know that feeling. Im trying to find Buster a car harness but he has a 46" chest and I'm not having much look finding one TBH.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I have a blue XL Ezydog harness for sale for £10 if you're interested, fitted my GSDx.

I like the Dog games perfect fit harness.
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I have a blue XL Ezydog harness for sale for £10 if you're interested, fitted my GSDx.

I like the Dog games perfect fit harness.
Hi that would be fantastic but I think it would be too big for her. Her neck size is only 18 inch and the widest part of her chest is about 31 so I think she would need size large. She is a bit skinny. I need a good fit as it's going to be used as an extra alongside her check collar and halt. She is so reactive when she sees other dogs traffic etc that she twists and turns and can back right out of her halti and check collar. Thanks though. X
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 09:40 AM
i think the H style harnesses are definitely the best when you have a deeper chested dog so you should find the exydog quite good - i think my staffie is a large and his neck is about 18 ish
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi that would be fantastic but I think it would be too big for her. Her neck size is only 18 inch and the widest part of her chest is about 31 so I think she would need size large. She is a bit skinny. I need a good fit as it's going to be used as an extra alongside her check collar and halt. She is so reactive when she sees other dogs traffic etc that she twists and turns and can back right out of her halti and check collar. Thanks though. X
My two are 17" around the neck and both wore XL EzyDog Harnesses, even Kiki who is quite slim (but a huge deep chest). The neck part of the EzyDog doesn't sit as high as a collar.

Just bear in mind that dogs can wriggle out of harnesses too. Casper had the EzyDog harness and I had to replace it when he did his 'reactive wiggle' (sounds like you know what I mean!) and backed right out of it. Fortunately no other dogs around at the time (he was kicking off at me handing him to my brother to run back and fetch the ball he'd dropped) but when he did it a second time (just for the fun of it - he knew he could do it and didn't want to go home from our walk!) I knew I had to get a more secure harness. The Ruffwear harness with it's belly strap means it can't slide up over his chest, he tried once, failed miserably and hasn't bothered since. They're not cheap though (but still look nearly brand new - come up fab in the washing machine!)
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 10:32 AM
phoebe has the pets at home own brand one in extra large - shes a bullmastiff and is 55kg. It was £15 and ive not even got it on full size i could go about another 6" bigger on both straps. Not sure how good it would be for walks ect as i only use it for the car never for walks
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Ok thanks kyrl maybe it would fit then. It would be worn as an extra not on it's own. Sorry to hijack your thread snake man. Moonsmum if the offer is still on I would like to try it. I will pm you. X
snakeman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
phoebe has the pets at home own brand one in extra large - shes a bullmastiff and is 55kg. It was £15 and ive not even got it on full size i could go about another 6" bigger on both straps. Not sure how good it would be for walks ect as i only use it for the car never for walks
We had a pets at home harness for our old bordeaux and found it really rubbed and chafed him quite badly.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >