Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Congratulations Guys

We are not showing now till january,both of them will be in the ring then,god help us
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Just back from the midlans oes champ show,, 4am start weather was foul, could hardly keep the car on the road,, but a brilliant show , the commitee went all out xmas trees. xmas music, minbe pies and bucks fizz for all and the atmoshere was lovely,made such a nice change.
Digby done us proud 1st in mid-limit and he didnt disgrace himself in the final line up ,, but needless to say not today LOL..
will say im pleased to get home ,well done everyone on there results today.
think ill be heading up the wooden hill soon another early start (5am) tommorrow allthough that will be for work ugh nasty word....
hugglesb-eye
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Congratulations and well done in the Open Class and sorry you did nt get BOB never mind there's always tomorrow.
Very well done in the ladies Handling Class to both you and your spotty boy, as you say you can now thumb your nose at your old ringcraft class. How did you enjoy handing the pap (my daughter has two but she doesn't show). You did so well there too that this time you could thumb you nose at the owner for being so smug and changing dogs. You are becoming very versatile. If I come over to one of the Irish Champ shows can I book you to handle one of my borzois or will you have turned professional by that time lol. Glad you enjoyed meeting the young borzoi she sounds a bit like my two. The breed standard says aloof and stand offish, don't think they have read this as like the young monster oops sorry lady you met they are a couple of likeable rogues and behave very out of chacter for borzois at times. Fortunately they have now settled in the ring, but at Rye's first champ show he and his brother had everyone round the ring in stiches at their antics each had all four feet off the ground and my husband who was handling him was not amused but think it was mostly embarassment on his part as he laughted at it once he came out the ring, needless to say we only got fourth out of 5 in the puppy class due to his antics, in fact the judge remarked to my husband and to my friend's husband who handles his brother that he had never come accross borzoi puppies so full of life , (think he was being kind and would like to have said more ) . I must say I prefer I like them like that rather than ring shy, and as they are not puppies long I feel you should not rush them into adulthood too quickly.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 09:38 PM
The icing on the cake from the Borzoi owner was that she has an Irish Wolfhound that is the same now really is an inert breed, normally ....
Don't know about handling for you over here! I know absolutely nothing about showing a Borzoi, ditto for Samoyeds but found myself in the BIS ring with one unexpectedly in the summer and she was dead easy but basically showed herself. The paps today were great, obviously well used to the ring, just had to remember to stoop a bit so they could see the treat without craning their necks, I only had to move them and very bright and jolly they were, too, just trotted out briskly while I held the lead as I've seen others do and pretend I've done it all my life. And - I always talk to dogs I am handing, it's surprising how many don't.
Regarding handling - if you have started rather late in life as I have, spend time watching the junior handlers. Now they ARE good, I think most adults can learn from them, I certainly have, and will continue to watch their classes whenever possible.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks Nissan mad
and Thanks B-eye and well done to the handsome Digby
nice win.

Deccy as regards handling about 10 years ago here in Ayrshire we had The Ayrshire junior Handling and it was held on a Monday night I went along and lent my dogs to some of the kids who didn't have dogs of their own and I think I learned more about handling from attending this than I did in all the years I have gone to ringcraft the Juniors certainly can teach us a thing or two. I was really sorry when it closed as the girls who ran it had a wealth of information to pass on to these juniors it was a big loss as far as I am concerned as when you saw the members handling their dogs in the ring they were so professional in comparison to the kids who were not members of this society and even yet there are a few ex members are now young adults and who are still into showing and it is a pleasure to watch them handle their dogs in the ring.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2