Male 

02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Gravity is a b1tch ..lol
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
lucky you, its raining here we went through loads of paddling pools, we now have the plastic ones got them from tesco for £15 for 2 (its the ones that you are supposed to put water in one and sand in the other, we just use them both for water)

empty it at night
Us too. I bought 3 of those that sand goes in one half and water in the other. Last year used all of them dotted around the garden just for water. Some of them left in teh sun (although as it got later they woul dbe in the shade) and some left in teh shade (which would end up in the sun later on) so none of the water got hot.
Surprisingly it didn'[t get grimy either.

Whoever invented these was a genius. Shame I can't get a bigger one - the girls can lie down in them if they want to but Zane and Yiannis can only sit in them. They do look a little silly with a soggy bum though when the rest of them is perfectly dry!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
ha ha its only the girls who use them (mostly xeva and emmy ) kaine will play if his boomer ball is in there and zara if you are in the pool splashing her (she much prefers the hose )

ty well .................. they are just a big water bowl to him he doesn't like getting wet, took me 4 years just to get him to paddle at the beach, he will now go in but only if his paws are firmly touching the ground
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I am currently "oop north" and it was foggy and wet driving here, this afternoon we had black skies and a thunderstorm, so not in any danger of sunstroke...........
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
How about putting a gazebo over it to shade it? Tesco and Argos do cheapy small ones
Ive just bought a gazebo to cover my lots pool as our garden has sun all day. got it in the argos sale for £7.74..absolute bargain
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 03:30 PM
My dogs have a pool outside - I empty it when there are a few too many flies dead in it for my liking

They've been attached to the cool parts of the leather sofa and the laminate all day though.. Roll on Thursday when it cools down.. Although I live off a lake so I have had quite a nice breeze all day.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 03:35 PM
We're not allowed a paddling pool unless we get insurance specifically for it. I assume that's coz the only place we could put it is the communal areas. Shame really coz I think Rupert would really enjoy it in the hot weather.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Baking over here! Working outside was a killer! Waiting till half 6 to venture to do the horse!

Asda by me seems to be doing kids pools cheap atm!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2