Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Just found this when i googled it....

"A solution composed by the same quantity of vinegar, alcohol and water will finish with the organisms causing the infection. The vinegar changes the level of PH inside the ear, for which the bacteria or yeast won't be able to survive. The alcohol is used to dry the inside of ear, for which, they won't come back. Clean the ears with this procedure twice a day; use a piece of gauze or a ball of cotton to introduce the liquid in the hearing orifice and with the other hand massage the base of the ear and distribute the liquid. Alcohol can cause itching. If it does itch too much and your dog can't stand it, don't put alcohol in the solution. If you apply home medicine, most of the infections will disappear before a week. If past this period the ears still have this fetid odor, it must be serious and needs medicines to finish them."

Not something i have ever tried but it seems the vinegar should be diluted.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I wonder if it is supposed to be dilute vinegar? Glad she's not doing it again though.
Sorry yes, she did dilute it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
Sorry yes, she did dilute it.
Ooo who knows then. Maybe he is allergic to vinegar....only salt on his chips from now one then!!

Hope the ears clear up soon - Tonks had an ear infection recently and it makes them really miserable and uncomfortable doesn't it.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2008, 08:02 PM
She may not of diluted it enough may be.
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Yeah i've read and heard about using diluted vinegar for dogs with a yeast problem in the ears. In fact i think it was a vet that mentioned it to me... I've never done it to be honest and probably wouldn't consider it. We clean our pugs ears a couple of times a week with a baby wipe and occasionally with a formula we purchased from our vet.

stevie is prone to getting really gunky ears and it irritates him terribly, so its important to keep them clean.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2