View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
POPPYLINDA
New Member!
Female 

06-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Thanks for all the input. No, I don't think it was tested in the lab. They put a sample in a machine to test concentration and also did strip dip testing for infections, blood and diabetes etc.
The only reason I feed my dogs, the Butchers loaf, is because after trying every kind of dog food that exists, including fresh home made, it is the only food that is compatible with my female dog's bowels (she is also a Papillon) but I will try putting potato mash in his dinner and see if he eats it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Butchers is one of the better canned foods. It does sound like a urinary tract infection of some kind so, if it were me, I'd probably ask the vet for a deeper investigation seeing as the problem is not getting any better.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Maybe a yeast infection of some sort?
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Has the vet tested him for liver problems? I know in humans that when your liver enzymes are wrong it can cause consentrated, brown urine and a host of other problems. This is really a question for Malka. She's one smart lady.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by manydogz View Post
Has the vet tested him for liver problems? I know in humans that when your liver enzymes are wrong it can cause consentrated, brown urine and a host of other problems. This is really a question for Malka. She's one smart lady.
Thank you Debra for saying that - but much as I know, and believe me it is a lot of knowledge, it is not helping Pereg who has just had another Grand Mal seizure and I already knew that her liver function results were over the top and she is probably at the start of liver failure caused by the medication she needs for her epilepsy.

I am not qualified to give advice about anything veterinarian but without a full liver test no vet can know if anything is wrong.

So I am sorry I cannot help at all.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Just confirming that Skipper needs the liver testing would be enough for me to run for the vet and demand it. I read somewhere that you are a human doctor, don't know what kind, but a lot of that knowledge helps for animals, too. Pereg is still with us, in part at least, because of what you know and do for her. Your knowledge is a valued commodity for me. I read all your posts and remember what I learned for future reference. That's how I knew to ask if the liver testing had been done. My hope is that Linda will read this and realize how valuable you advice can be.
POPPYLINDA
New Member!
Female 

24-03-2015, 01:51 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO OFFERED SUGGESTIONS WHEN I ASKED FOR HELP WITH A STINKY URINE PROBLEM MY LITTLE SKIPPER WAS SUFFERING WITH, BUT A SPECIAL THANKS TO GORDON MAC WHO TOLD ME TO TRY MIXING MASHED POTATO IN SKIPPER'S FOOD. THIS HAS WORKED A TREAT AND I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT SUCH A SIMPLE SOLUTION HAS RETURNED HIM TO HIS FORMER SELF AND DOESN'T STINK ANYMORE AND HIS LITTLE BELLY IS NO LONGER SORE SOOOO HAPPY
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Just glad it worked Poppylinda, hope you and Skipper have many more happy years together.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2015, 08:36 PM
I hope all is now ok, PoppyLinda.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2