View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Is there any family you could borrow some money from? I know its hard.

I would be worried about permanent damage that can happen if the eye is not treated. Infections can lead to the lose of an eye if not treated

ETA - I would be very careful of the strength of the salt water you use (make sure it is not too strong)
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Topher Wayne View Post
Please help with advice! I am broke and cannot get him to the vet until Friday or else he would have already been there! I have no one to borrow from either. Anyway a couple of days ago his eye was super crusty and closed one morning. I really don't know what to do for him until Friday so I have just been trying to keep him comfortable. I have been wiping his eye softly with a warm wash cloth. I feel so bad for this little guy. Does anyone have any idea what is afflicting Thor??

He has gorgeous blue eyes and his sick eye now you cant even see the blue. Guys, can you give puppies human antibiotics? Please let me know, I have some amoxacillan and Cipro I could give him if it was safe.... Thank you for all your advice!

Thor's messed up eye

Thor normal....
you can contact the RSPCA who can advise vets in your local area who will let you pay in installements or at a later date. I know my cousin was having problems locating a vet who would be willing to help and he contacted the RSPCA and they put him in touch with a vet that would help. hope you get your dog sorted.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
you can contact the RSPCA who can advise vets in your local area who will let you pay in installements or at a later date. I know my cousin was having problems locating a vet who would be willing to help and he contacted the RSPCA and they put him in touch with a vet that would help. hope you get your dog sorted.
The OP is in Canada.....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post

ETA - I would be very careful of the strength of the salt water you use (make sure it is not too strong)
1 teaspoon of salt to 1 pint of water
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2011, 07:58 AM
The OP is in Canada.....
Hesperia CA is California, US, not Canada.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
1 teaspoon of salt to 1 pint of water
I am never confident doing things around eyes because they are so delicate - I have to know exactly what I am doing.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Hesperia CA is California, US, not Canada.
Whoops - my mistake. Sorry.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I am never confident doing things around eyes because they are so delicate - I have to know exactly what I am doing.
Vet confirmed that strength to me when Teagan younger and had an eye infection - I said I had been bathing in salt water until the appointment time, and vet told me the above strength, which is what I had been using anyway!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Vet confirmed that strength to me when Teagan younger and had an eye infection - I said I had been bathing in salt water until the appointment time, and vet told me the above strength, which is what I had been using anyway!
Hevver is right with the strenght of salt....agree

Sorry I should of said the strength, my absent mind again Thanks Hevver xx
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:07 AM
In UK you can use golden eye ointment don't know if you have the same in US it is for human use.

Or Optrex can also be used.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >