View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Bless him I hope it's not serious Good luck with getting him into the vets hope he doesn't get too stressed, could you wait outside with him till the vet calls you so you can go in and out without all the waiting around strangers. I know I am teaching grandma to suck eggs but in a panic we sometimes forget the simple stuff x x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Awww, well good luck with this dear boy, take lots of cheese along with your excellent skills and he'll be just fine. I do hope you are wrong I really do.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 08:21 AM
I hope the vet visit goes ok and that your instinct is wrong. I am hoping it will be something really easily treated.
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi I can sympathise cos I went through this with my dixon,I tested for cushings,hypothyroid ect,he had his abdo scanned a few times cos I was worried about the pot belly turns out he had a tumour on his pancreas and the potbelly was cos the bileducts were blocking and taking twice aslong to empty,he behaved normally intil one day he sat down on a walk and I thought he was bloating even that day we didnt find the tumour but he was in agony and wouldn't eat or drink,we only found the tumour after he had been put to sleep ,I am sending you positive vibes that your old man has nothing serious.x
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Fingers crossed its something treatable bless him.

Let us know how you get on xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Good luck for today. Fingers crossed it is nothing serious.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2012, 10:50 AM
All animals, us included, have benign tumours all over our bodies, so no, they do not normally cause pain. Neither can a malignant tumour necessarily ... pain is no indication of malignancy or non-malignancy.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Thinking of you both and wishing the best.
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Hope it's something easily treatable. Thinking of you.

Our Boots had cancer (melanoma which had spread to one of her lymph nodes), and she wasn't in pain at all.
speug
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2012, 11:50 AM
My last collie Paddy developed a huge pot belly over the course of about 3 weeks - It was quite solid to touch. The vets reckoned it was a massive abdominal tumour but at 13 and given the speed it was growing we decided not to put him through any investigations as it was unlikely they'd be able to do anything.

The vet recommended putting him to sleep on the spot but at that stage he was still quite happy in himself so we took him home for a last couple of weeks and he didn't seem to be in any pain until his last day - it snowed 2 days before he was pts and he was out skipping around in the snow like a puppy.

His last night was the time it really began to bother him and even then I think it was more that the sheer size of the tumour was making it difficult to find a comfortable position to sit or lie rather than it causing actual pain, the next morning he'd obviously had enough and it was distressing him so we phoned the vet and took him in that morning (unfortunately it was the school holidays and they were short staffed so couldn't spare a vet to come to the house).
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »