Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
WHAT AN IDIOT !
our staffie now only gets balls that come over the fence as I am sick of buying them as he bursts them so quickly !! Its tough luck for any that come over as even if they come to the door if Bruno is in the garden its burst !!! LOL
Yep, same here only it's ones we find when we're out walking.

A while ago we were on the field with my friend and his 3 retrievers and a group of about 10 lads came down the hill drinking cider, shouting, carrying on. One of them kicked a football down the hill ahead of them. A saw it and before I could grab her she was off.

I shouted 'You've lost your ball now!' as my OH went running after her. Needless to say, she got the ball and popped it in seconds. When Richard came back with her he said 'They were surprisingly relaxed about losing their ball' (it was an expensive looking leather one). I said 'Well they're hardly going to argue with 3 stone of staffy '

We have 3 footballs in the garden now (well, partial ones), but she didn't steal all of them......honest
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Your neighbour sounds delightful Drew! Let her complain, I'm sure the council will take no notice of her. The little boy next door occasionally sends a ball over, Max has never destroyed one yet but if it's in his garden there's not really a lot can be done about it. I'm sure Montana had fun destroying it!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2008, 11:38 AM
So Drew I'm assuming that the three previous times the kid kicked it over your fence you (or someone in your garden) had to go pick it up and throw it back.

Did she thank you Did she say anything to her kid

As everyone has said, just ignore her, there ain't a thing in the world she can do, and if it was me I would be thinking about compaining to the council about balls flying into my garden, possibly a danger to my windows, damage to my cold frame (If I didn't have a cold frame I would rush out and buy one ) disturbing my slumber in my garden chair (Something else I would rush out and buy if you don't already have one )

P.S.
Welcome to Dogsey BTW
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2