View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Molly was originally called Dolly when I visited her at the rescue center but it didn't really seem 'right' so we changed her name to Pickle but that didn't really suit her either so we settled on Molly Although I call her 'Mole' for short so now she'll only answer to that!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I was going to call my Zac "Dillon" but OH thought it not very "manly". In hindsight Dillon would have suited him because he was a grea big dill.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Ailsa was always going to be Ailsa, but I wanted to call Jake Luca, but one of my step son's is called Luke so thought it wouldn't really be appropriate. Sam just seemed to suit the name Sam.
Luchi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Luchia, pedigree name Cyclone, (pronounced in the Italian way lol).

We decided to change it, as that is part of the fun, naming your dog.

I really wanted to call her Luca, but was told that's a boys name, my son wanted her to be Astra, we also considered Ella.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I wanted either Finlay, Ty, Merlin, Bentley or Arthur. we ended up choosing Arthur, it just really suited him

my friend wanted me to call him Marshall, after the rapper Eminem lol
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Cassie was Mara when we got her from the dogs trust but it didnt suit!

Ela was going to be called Sora or Nukka but neither of those suited either. We went back to a name i liked but my OH had rejected Elena but shortened to Ela and this suited her.

Raina was always going to be Raina and i was lucky the name suited her.

My OH also had the names picked out for 2 dogs if we ever have them. For a beagle it Steve and a Dobe its Snickets (dont ask!)
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I wanted Caleb but my sons hated it and told me they weren't going to shout that in the park
I went for Charlie as we all agreed on it!
If I ever have a female dog I would like Vienna - but the family hate that too
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
I didn't have any names picked out for Scout or Zoe as they were fairly sudden adoptions, I had a few names picked out for Mouse, (Stella, Tess and a few others) but none of them fit. But I always have wanted a dog named Oliver, so when I knew that I was getting my boy, I picked out a couple of other names that might suit, (Finn, Tex, Huck) but the moment I saw him at the airport, I knew Oliver was a perfect name for him! so I was lucky there. I always thought the name Oliver would suit a Dobie, and That's what I wanted when I was a kid, a Dobie named Oliver! I end up calling Oliver Ollie most of the time tho.
murph
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Mostly I have chosen a name and stuck with it. Zeke would have had a different name except for a certain basketball player. Since Sampson came to live with us, I may name our next female Delilah.
Which player?!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Isla was supposed to be a boy, so I was thinking along the lines of Chalkie or Badger, which I was still going to call her when I found out she was a girl! Ended up with Isla as I've always like the name from that girl that was in Home and Away!

With Oscar I wanted a name that started with a vowel to match with Isla. Thought about Ochre as it matches his colour, also though of Enzo and Ouzo, but decided they were a bit "out there" so just went for plain old Oscar!

With previous dogs, Pickles was always just Pickles and Woody was originally "Astro" (??!!!). We named him Woody after dissuading my Dad from calling him Buddy from that horrible film Single White Female, where the Yellow Lab gets thrown off the balcony.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >