Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 04:10 PM
And I feel sorry for the puppies...

Several people who wanted one have pulled out, as the 5 that were born live were all boys, and they wanted bitches!

Anna knows she can find homes for the couple that are left, but asked if I wanted one...

I know that she would like to keep one, but isn't allowed, as her OH said that 4 dogs, 2 cats and 3 horses are quite enough.... what a meany!!
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I Would Get Pup First,no Point Spending Money On House,then Pup Comes Along,weeing,pooing And Chewing.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Speaking from my point of view - being related to you, knowing you and your lifestyle, situation etc....I would honestly say wait.

I know how badly you want another dog (I know myself I would love another).
But I think you both deserve a holiday this year. You could do with getting all the bits on your house done, and saving a bit more money.
You know you can get all your puppy stuff cheap from the cash & carry when it comes to it.

I definitely think you should wait - hopefully A&I will be breeding off Millie when she's old enough - you could always have one of her pups.

p.s. Ask Anna to phone that guy up I gave you the number for....he's still definitely interested, as he came into enquiring weather Lottie had her pups yet.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 05:40 PM
My advice would be to wait. If your other half is stressed from work I think a holiday would do him more good. A puppy is a lovely thing but they can also make you stressed as when you get up in the morning or have been out you find it has chewed through your best things or flooring or anything they can get their teeth on. Puppies can be very hard work. You will be able to get a pup later on but your other half needs to be first priority at the moment I think. Anyway good luck in whichever you chose.
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I have to go with the majority on this one...pup 1st But that's probably cause i'm all puppy broody myself at the moment

In all honesty though, i got my house done up last year, I had not long had Sammie, my rescue SBT, and now I wish I had waited a little longer with carpets etc, he not a chewer but being very nervous and scared we had a lot of toilet training issues I didn't have the choice though as it was all done through insurance, but if I had the choice I woulda waited till issues all sorted.
As for the holiday, i'm sure ya's can think of summit to do that puppy can come along too...

Good luck in your decision
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh dear, what a terrible predicament to be in

I'm not much help as I'm terrible around puppies and am so broody I feel tempted to tell you to get the puppy. However, seeing Hevvurs post, and if anyone knows you well she does, I wonder if now is not the right time, especially if hubby is stressed and needs the holiday.

One idea, could your friend keep pup until after your holiday, or even have him back if you have to take him before you go?

I'm sure you'll make the right decision
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Get the puppy!!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Spend money on a two week holiday or spend money on a pup you will hopefully have for many many years...

Spend money on the house then get a pup which might chew and pee the newness to bits, or spend money on a pup then do the house up after pup has finished any puppy style wrecking spree...

Nuff said
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I am in the same position as you, the house badly needs redecorated, and we could all be doing with a holiday but the pull of puppies was just too strong
We get our new puppy on Friday, I can't wait, and the house can be done up next year , life is too short to worry about having nice carpets
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Yeah, a puppy might be a good idea before you decorate etc, but a puppy is also more stress, and I think you need a break.

A puppy sounds such a good idea, but you need to look at your personal situation.
Remember you both work, your not flush for money at the moment etc.

Just look into this properly Shelley, don't just get a puppy because you've seen them grow, and because you 'want one'.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >