View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Yep, totally sick of mud. Even wee breaks are a mud fest with seven sets of paws here.

Especially when they happen to belong to swamp monsters like this....

tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
got to admit i gave up with the mop along time ago. it can be the nicest day ever, and somehow opie will always manage to find a mud puddle to sprawl in. i dispair of my boy at times
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Sorry but there's still nobody beats Murphy! Has anyone heard from them lately?

Murphy is the original mud monster

I've got to the point where I'm taking Dougal on what is normally our winter walk down to the sluice, it's paved and lit, and less mucky than wading through the mud pile in the woods. Saves on SOOOOO much washing of doglet...although he did get a bath today cause he one stinky wee boy and really needed it.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Yep, totally sick of mud. Even wee breaks are a mud fest with seven sets of paws here.

If it's any consolation to you, that's one seriously beautiful swamp monster you have there.

We'll be leaving Blighty soon for South of France. So looking forward to leaving the doors open all day onto the nice, DRY garden. So not looking forward to trying to keep the new (to us) roly dog box (e.g. car) in a condition where we could conceivably put other people in it. It's scheduled to rain the day we leave, and the Akita is blowing his coat. I'm never going to get the flat tidied before we go. Argh!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 02:28 AM
No lead walks here, my two get country walks off lead regardless of the weather! That said the dog towels have been in the wash every week this Summer and Isla is now sporting a "puppy" cut!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
No lead walks here, my two get country walks off lead regardless of the weather! That said the dog towels have been in the wash every week this Summer and Isla is now sporting a "puppy" cut!
Mine do get off lead walks in the afternoon but I don't really have time to clean them off before work. They did get some running about this morning but the grass was really long and they are now full of seeds and sweethearts! I suppose it's better than mud!
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post

oh NOooo! that must taste horribble!
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
What a gorgeous doggy, looks like he's enjoying himself even if he is going to get a bit grubby.

... I dream of a time when mine come back from a walk dry, let alone clean as well.

Atm I'm looking after a couple of Bichon Frise for a week or so and they come along with my spaniels every day for their walks. Trouble is they're coming back looking like mud balls on four legs, and I can't think when they last looked like the fluffy little white dogs that they really are!! Must remember to bath them before their owners get back at the weekend or they'll NEVER recognise them.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
If it's any consolation to you, that's one seriously beautiful swamp monster you have there.

We'll be leaving Blighty soon for South of France. So looking forward to leaving the doors open all day onto the nice, DRY garden. So not looking forward to trying to keep the new (to us) roly dog box (e.g. car) in a condition where we could conceivably put other people in it. It's scheduled to rain the day we leave, and the Akita is blowing his coat. I'm never going to get the flat tidied before we go. Argh!
Just got back from the South of France! Glorious weather.... shame about the fly bites I am now sporting

We stuck down newspaper to get the worst of the mud, but still very dry this way.
LupiLu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Millysmum View Post
What a gorgeous doggy, looks like he's enjoying himself even if he is going to get a bit grubby.

... I dream of a time when mine come back from a walk dry, let alone clean as well.

Atm I'm looking after a couple of Bichon Frise for a week or so and they come along with my spaniels every day for their walks. Trouble is they're coming back looking like mud balls on four legs, and I can't think when they last looked like the fluffy little white dogs that they really are!! Must remember to bath them before their owners get back at the weekend or they'll NEVER recognise them.
Amen to that!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2