View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Please don't think you're on your own. My bitch puppy is humping everything she can get hold of. My husband thinks it's hilarious but I'm just hoping for her to grow out of it, and quickly!

If it really bothers you, get hold of an animal behaviourist to give you some ideas to sort it out, but this is not a reason to mate your dog.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Please don't think you're on your own. My bitch puppy is humping everything she can get hold of. My husband thinks it's hilarious but I'm just hoping for her to grow out of it, and quickly!

If it really bothers you, get hold of an animal behaviourist to give you some ideas to sort it out, but this is not a reason to mate your dog.
The Weasel and her short legs still hump like crazy and she 2 in 2 months time..she's allways been slightly perverted i thought
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
If you dont want him to "hump" everything, have him neutered Im sorry, i dont want to sound harsh or rude, but it is evident that you dont understand the responsibility of breeding, and i can only assume that neither your dog, nor the bitch would have had any health screening done, which also puts both dogs at a lot of risk, not to mention the puppies.

Seriously, have him neutered. It will stop his "humping" and will make him a happier dog. Being a cross he's not going to improve any breed by having puppies and most responsible owners with a bitch they're thinking of having puppies from will use a registered, health screened pedigree dog.

Enjoy him as a pet
He is not a cross, he is a purebred Shih-tzu.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 03:42 PM
My MIL's dog was neutered a year ago, but he still humps....not as much as before, but he does still do it.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Amber08071 View Post
But he has`nt got a predigree from which you can check that health tests were done through the lines and being from a BYB I`ll bet your own pups parents were not tested.
Please believe me, him being a purebred, [ and there is no guarantee without papers anyway ], he will not be a benefit to the gene pool of the breed when none of the vital and ethical criteria were met by the byb`s your pup came from.

One of my own BCs [ whom I got from a rescue ] was handed in with pedigree papers but the breeders were idiots who bred from innapropriate colour lines so he was born deaf and absolutely not for breeding from. His parents separately had excellent lines but should not have been mated together, [ both blue merles ].

Trust me, even experienced breeders can get it badly wrong to the detriment of the dogs they produce, so for you with a non-pedigree`d dog from back yard breeders, [ which I`m afraid is what you would also be if you bred from him...], with no health tests, and no known history / pedigree on your dog, you would be doing the breed no favours much less the pups you would be responsible for ethically, morally, and quite possibly financially.

Another thing to consider, any ethical breeder would take back dogs they had bred at any time should the buyers want to send them back for any reason - suppose you bred from your dog and ten years later all the owners had to return them - if the bitches owner refused for any reason, next port of call is the studs owner - are you prepared for that responsibility ?

I beg you, *please* do the right thing for your dog and for the breed - the snip is the kindest and most moral thing to do, not just for him and to prevent rescues getting a long awaited home because of too many other dogs being bred left right and centre, but you yourself would`nt ever feel the scorn of being just another BYB either, you would be able to be proud for not having gone that sorry route :smt001
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Amber
He was not bought from a breeder, both mother and father are not registered, just some guy in the neighbourhood that wanted his dog to have pups.
Hi Amber with all respect how do you know this without papers? Your dog could look like a certain breed and still not be one of them and if bred from could throw all sorts of strange puppies, if no one wanted them would you as the owner of the sire be prepared to take them all on.

If you were interested in breeding why didn't you approach a good breeder with reliable health tested stock and get them to mentor you.?
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Ok then I will not be breeding him...Thanks for everyone's replies.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 07:57 PM

Absolutely the very best and the only responsible decision :smt023

When do we get to see some pics of both your doglets anyway
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I have posted lots of pics of my dogs on here.......
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2006, 11:22 PM
I hope you are not upset with the replies you got, we are only thinking what is best for your little guy. I dont breed often in 11 years of breeding I will be producing my second litter as I only breed when I require a pup to go one with with this next litter I will be keeping 2 dog and bitch, one will be going to my breeder, 3 to show homes in Australia and 1 export to a show home in Japan and I have people wanting to wait until I have my next litter but that wont be for another 3 years
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >