View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Very sad, poor little pup and how traumatic for his poor owner.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Could it have been the Isle of Dogs...............?

....made me smile....
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Kismet was attacked by two Staffordshire and a jack Russell.
I still see those three dogs occasionally on the field, they're still just as out of control and recently I saw a bigger stockier Stafford mix has been added over Christmas. I did report them, but nothing was done. The dogs are in good health and well cared for, just dangerously out of control. The family have a lot of kids, and the dogs seem good with them, I doubt a 'child will be next', but it's only a matter of time before someone's puppy is killed by them. Still nothing will be done. Dog to dog aggression simply isn't covered.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
I am pleased to see they describe the attacking dog as muscular, and not a pit bull as the press usually assume.

This is just awful. I cant believe NOTHING can be done about such a loss of life? Its not fair! Poor owners, I cannot begin to imagine how heart broken they are.
It's not been in the Dail Fail yet so don't count your chickens.

It appears the bloke has handed the attacking dog in to be destroyed - no doubt to save his own skin and it shows how much he cares about his dog. According to the woman's [a social network] page who owned the poor little puppy, this idiot also has a 6 month old puppy. Poor dogs - they didnt ask to be at the mercy of such a failure of a human being.

You know, hearing this it actually makes me afraid to own a puppy or small adult in the future. I know it's a very rare thing to happen and most of the staffies round here are kept under control even by the chav owners (it's the GSD owners round here that are idiots), but I can't stop thinking about the poor puppy screaming and the horror of the poor owners.
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Jeeeez, these things make me so angry. If only there was some way of really policing owners before they get dogs. Another idiot giving staffies a bad name.
Aviator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I am afraid to say I have a general distrust of staffies (unfairly I know) for this reason, the vast majority of them I see are walking along beside chav pond life who I wouldn't trust with a pair of scissors.

The only real incident I have had with my GR was from an off-lead staffie attacking. With previous dogs I have owned all had bad experiences with staffies at one time or another.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 04:02 PM
How traumatic

It really angers me how the police time after time state "dog on dog. Nothing we can do about it". I had the same statement made to me when little Molly was attacked by a rottie. Luckily, it wasn't fatal like this poor lady has had to endure.

It's time that something was done.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I would like to know if any or all of those reputed to have had their dogs attacked reported it or not?

As maybe something could have been done before this pup died?
I was talking to someone a couple of days ago whose dog was seriously attacked on the park we had been walking on. It was attacked so badly it had 11 puncture wounds and the vet said it was only its thick coat that had prevented it being killed. I asked the owner if she had reported the owner to the dog warden (she had been given the owner's details) and she said no, there was no point. I said yes there was as it needed to be on record in case the dog ever did anything else like this and the owner should have a dog control order if possible to prevent it happening to someone else's dog.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 09:36 PM
The thing is, it IS covered by legislation.... The 1871 Dogs Act, but many people including police don't know this, or believe the DDA made it obsolete, or they say it must be pursued as a civil case, which is not true.

I am fairly sure I read about a precedent set in the last few years when the police pursued it under that Act and won.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Sue, I understood that to be correct, but time after time, and even on here on Dogsey where our friends have come up against this, the same statement applies...... "dog on dog,........... nothing we can do!"
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >