View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Jake is very energetic, he would go all day if he could!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
All of mine are high energy and always up for anything and everything but they too have an off switch.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Hmmm...

I'll start youngest first

Louie (6month Lab x Springer) will go for a couple of hours, a few zoomies in there and then flop for a few hours (we try and keep him from the zoomies for his joints sake but he's like a child whose just eaten half of the sherbet industry)

Benjie (6year GSD x - we believe) will go for his three walks but hates anything too energetic

Sadie (9year BC x JRT) no slowing her down anytime soon!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Both the boys are medium-to-high energy.

They can really go for it, and are mostly up for anything; however, have an off switch, and can also be complete couch potatoes.

They are quite seasonal really. This morning, they took one look at the gale force winds and horizontal rain and mooched off back to the sofas (without actually having a wee after waking up). If it was sunny, they would be begging for walkies!

However, when we were working in the garden yesterday, they had about 4 hours of non-stop zoomies; before completely crashing out!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Jed (BC) - Low energy, happy to potter along at a snails pace sniffing everything, cant be bothered to play with toys.

Jessie (BC) - high energy, can handle as much exercise as you can throw her way but is equally happy to go at your pace.

Flynn (HPR) - Very high energy, everything has to be done at 100mph, always on the go and cant understand why nobody else wants to just run, and run and run!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
All of mine are high energy and always up for anything and everything but they too have an off switch.
Pretty much describes all of mine - If I want to go walking for 3 hours they are up for it, if I can only manage a couple of short walks they are fine as well.
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Boomer (BC) - medium energy, even at 15 years old loves to run and play ball, but not quite as energetic as when younger.

Bertie (BC) - medium energy, 12 years old, has always lacked stamina, but still has alot of energy over short bursts.

Teagan (BC) - very high energy, 9 years old, always on the go!

Skye (BC) - high energy, nearly 5 years old, is up for any game, etc, but can chill.

Star (BC)- very high energy, 7 months old, always wants to play!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Jed (BC) - Low energy, happy to potter along at a snails pace sniffing everything, cant be bothered to play with toys.

Jessie (BC) - high energy, can handle as much exercise as you can throw her way but is equally happy to go at your pace.

Flynn (HPR) - Very high energy, everything has to be done at 100mph, always on the go and cant understand why nobody else wants to just run, and run and run!
They sound like my two...Bo will be way in front running and hunting like a lunatic, while Dex is miles behind sniffing every blade of grass and scavenging at an old mans pace.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Very interesting thread, fascinating to hear the different breeds and energy and personalities and energy.

Axel - 4 - Greyhound
VERY low energy! He has a 2 minute or so session of zoomies a couple of times a week. He'll happily go for a stroll, but isn't desperate for a run or anything. In the home you often forget he's there...til he farts!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Jobie (Greyhound)... If some dogs don't have an off switch, he doesn't have an on switch But then, he is 10 and a half with a heart murmur.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >