View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I pay £30 every 3-4 months to have my Yorkie clipped short. That is bath, shampoo, cut and nails. Takes about an hour.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:17 PM
My most expensive regular customer is a St Bernard and he's £55 for a bath, blast and brush up. It's back breaking though, so not the easy money some people assume it is. I like doing little dogs like Yorkies, because they dry fast and you can do a full groom in about 40 minutes.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I pay £30 every 3-4 months to have my Yorkie clipped short. That is bath, shampoo, cut and nails. Takes about an hour.
Maybe it's due to where you live but that's a lot for a Yorkie. I charge £20 - £25 depending on the size etc.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Maybe it's due to where you live but that's a lot for a Yorkie. I charge £20 - £25 depending on the size etc.
I think it is fairly standard down here, based on looking around. I've used both mobile groomers (brilliant but can be hard to get hold of because they are usually busy!) and salon ones and they have all been around the £30 mark.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think it is fairly standard down here, based on looking around. I've used both mobile groomers (brilliant but can be hard to get hold of because they are usually busy!) and salon ones and they have all been around the £30 mark.
Must just be the area then. Sadly round here we have a couple of new groomers that are undercutting everyone else as they are working from home. And people who don't care about the quality of the groom or the care or their dog (which is a LOT of people surprisingly) are going to them.

Anyway I'm moaning and hijacking Chloe's thread so I'll shut up now!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 01:58 PM
God I'm being robbed blind.

I get Ivan a prefessional groom twice a year.

I have been doing this since he was a year old and and began blowing his puppy coat.

He loves all the attention and is very well behaved the only problem being they have to stop him from trying to lay down the lazy lump.

I have never gotten him done for less than 100 euro and that apparently is a standard price for a large double coated breed and he is usually with them for the best part of the day as it takes forever for him to dry.

A new groomers/pet shop has just opened up near me and I decided to try them out. They only charged me 80 euro for the full works and he came back feeling better than he ever has before plus got a large nyla bone too.

The girl said she also took him out for a bit of fresh air on two occasions to give him a break as he was there from 10 in the morning til 4.30 pm.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
God I'm being robbed blind.

I get Ivan a prefessional groom twice a year.

I have been doing this since he was a year old and and began blowing his puppy coat.

He loves all the attention and is very well behaved the only problem being they have to stop him from trying to lay down the lazy lump.

I have never gotten him done for less than 100 euro and that apparently is a standard price for a large double coated breed and he is usually with them for the best part of the day as it takes forever for him to dry.

A new groomers/pet shop has just opened up near me and I decided to try them out. They only charged me 80 euro for the full works and he came back feeling better than he ever has before plus got a large nyla bone too.

The girl said she also took him out for a bit of fresh air on two occasions to give him a break as he was there from 10 in the morning til 4.30 pm.
Six and a half hours???? What are they drying him with? Even the heaviest coated Newfy (never had a Leo here) takes 3 hours max, and that includes trimming and matted bits.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah I know I think with a salon they do other dogs in between while he is drying off.

He is usually there most of the day whatever salon I use, When I have used a mobile groomers after three hours he would still come back in slightly damp.

Leos could win the blue ribbon for shedding and I heard Frank Kane make this very comment while judging them at crufts a couple of years ago lol
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I pay £26 every 3 months or so, thats to clip all over (not the tail, I like that long), wash ears, do glands and clip nails.

she comes back looking like a puppy and seems to enjoy all the attention.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2012, 02:51 PM
thanks for all the replies, i never realised people paid that much! certainly very interesting
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »