Female 

13-06-2008, 07:49 PM
a good food, stinky, but dogs love it.

it sorted mine out before i went raw.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2008, 08:06 PM
My sisters dog has been recommended this by the vet! He is 5kg overweight, he's a rescued Bichon Frise and has a poor coat still, but after 2wks he is looking and sounding a lot better.
My Charlie is fed on Arden Grange but on a visit to my sister he stole her dogs food and wolfed it down! Ben still prefers his butchers tripe though.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I wonder what makes it such a good food for certain dogs?

I might even try Flynn on it when he's finished his current bag of food but he's already borderline thin and i'm a bit concerned a low fat food wouldnt do him any favours.

He's on CSJ at the moment and it's giving him terrible wind and I think most of it is passing out the other end as he's going to the loo far more than he did on AG.

Still, Chappie is deffo worth a shot with him.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Hamish gets Chappie Dry food and he has been really good on it - Wellbeloved went right through him and the vet recommended this.

It's low in fat and keeps Hamish at a steady weight, his coat is soft and shiny too. i know a lot of people would say that as it is so cheap and full of additives it mustn't be good but Hamish is happy and so am I... (leaves more money to spend on toys for him to destroy!!)

Deedee x
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Just noticed this thread, but would like ask those who feed Chappie they're advise please?

My Sammie has always had a dodgy belly, the slightest thing upsets it and he gets the squits He has been on Wainwrights, but a couple of people have said he looks like he could do with beefing up a bit, he's not skinny, but maybe a little ribby, know what I mean?!? Would Chappie be any good, specially being low fat??
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I've never fed Chappie to mine but I have heard a few good things about it. I've heard that it's good for sensitive stomachs and also good for reintroducing food after an upset stomach.

I know a lovely wee crossbreed bitch who is thriving on Chappie and brown bread! She looks the picture of health, a lovely shiny coat and has a really, superb nature.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Well, the first tin went down and didn't touch the sides yesterday morning, same again last night! So today I went out and bought a 24 can tray from P @ H and all the time he's enjoying it like he is, that's what I'm sticking with now, and I must say the poo this morning was also looking good! Thanks again Leanne, I would never have thought of Chappie for Georgie's sensitive tum, and he just loves it too!

Anyone tried any of their other varieties of it, coz I just stuck to the original?
mandydog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Great "recovery" food for upset tummies. I always keep a tin or two on hand.
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2008, 07:12 PM
We do the chicken and rice tinned.
Gets the tumbs up from here
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Doggydina View Post
Just noticed this thread, but would like ask those who feed Chappie they're advise please?

My Sammie has always had a dodgy belly, the slightest thing upsets it and he gets the squits He has been on Wainwrights, but a couple of people have said he looks like he could do with beefing up a bit, he's not skinny, but maybe a little ribby, know what I mean?!? Would Chappie be any good, specially being low fat??
Yes definatly. My girl always had upset tummy till I put her on chicken and rice tinned chappie, she was also very ribby and boney looking but now she is a lovely weight and holding it, her coat gleams and she does not have a dodgy
tummy.

Anyone tried any of their other varieties of it, coz I just stuck to the original?
My girl does better on the chicken and rice tinned chappie rather than the original.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »