register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2006, 11:54 PM
so Ceiron, when you can't pay tomorrow,what are they going to do? Repossess your dog?
I would go in with 50 quid (or whatever you can afford) and say this is a downpayment and you will bring in xxx
on such and such a date and continue to do this. As long as you are paying something towards it they can't take any action against you as you are showing willing. I just think
that they are being very small minded and mean about this.
Vets aren't exactly cheap, and they do have to sign some sort of statement to say they will treat any animal in an emergency, not sure exactly what it says but that is the gist of it.
If they then refuse to give Oscar any more treatment, which again is something I don't think they can do because they are then refusing to treat a sick animal, you need to find your local RSPCA clinic where they will treat him and let you pay what you can afford. I think the PDSA does the same thing.
I think they are disgusting and you need to get in touch with the press or something and embarrass them into letting you pay in instalments.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Ceiron I am so sorry the news on Oscar is not so good, have you already spoken to the PDSA?. I would certainly approach them and explain your situation.

Also as Tawneywolf says the vet can't repossess your dog and if you explain your situation and show a willingness to pay a little something now and more late they may look upon this suggestion favourably, after all better that than no payment at all.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 10:26 PM
and what exactly do they propose to do if you are unable to pay? they can hardly take back the treatment can they!

i am so sorry the news wasnt better for your beloved oscar - this kind of worry on top of such bad news is just wha tyou dont need right now.

thinking of you both

thandi
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2006, 10:31 PM
so sorry to hear this.

sending big hugs to all of you.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-09-2006, 12:00 AM
hi i dunno what they would do, not payed them.lol

i think my mu mspoek to them as i was away but have a number for rspca to ring on monday to talk to someone about possible financial help but def some mediation help too.

tbh it really annoys me as i spent a month there doing work experience too and i have helped out there at weekends before too and you get treated like poo.

as for pdsa they are the pdsa clinic in luton.

thing si you have to register with the pdsa before any treatment with the clinic and have to be on hosuing benifit or council tax credit, boith of which i am not as i live at home.

so yeah its all just like arghhhhhhhhhh

one thing though after the test and meds hes on now, oscar si lookign a lot better
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Sorry to read about Oscar, hopefully the meds will help. Thinking of you x
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 02:46 PM
How is oscar doing now? Any news?
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Just caught up with this thread Ceiron, How is Oscar? Really thinking about you both, can't begin to imagine how upsetting this has been.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I've just read this too Ceiron. So sorry to hear the prognosis is not good for your beloved Oscar. Hugs honey xxx
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 02:24 PM
sorry for nto replying im really not copng at all.

so far from it.

hes ok at the minute, jsut amtter of waiting til he isnt ok now and then prolly having him pts.

vets wont do biopsys til i pay off bill, have done them jsut wont give em reuslts til i pay.

which will be months so he will prolly be dead before then
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »