View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Some dogs have a wheat intolerance causing skin/tummy problems , that is why so many dogs do well on Burns food it contains no wheat or corn just a few oats and brown rice . Lots of dog foods /biscuits contain wheat though..
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Friends of ours give their dog toast every morning! Jake waits under the bird table for the birds to throw bits to him.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 06:50 PM
well my parents wouldnt let us feed our greyhound bread, because the vet told us that racing breeds shouldnt have breed, as they can really bloat from just on peice!
but other breeds were fine!

we were never sure if it was true but we never risked it! since then the vet has quit, but i my staffords hate bread anyway!
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Some dogs have a wheat intolerance causing skin/tummy problems , that is why so many dogs do well on Burns food it contains no wheat or corn just a few oats and brown rice . Lots of dog foods /biscuits contain wheat though..
You mention skin and tummy problems.. just wondering what would they be? the guy who i saw giving his dog bread well i did see that his tummy was red and had small spots looked like a rash it wasnt all over the tummy just near the dogs "private area"
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Murph loves it but then-he loves anything I don't give it to him as a general rule 'cos he tends to be a bit weighty and grains don't seem to agree with him.
TTFN
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Mollie can't eat wheat so we don't give it to either of ours. It manifests itself as very bloody diarrhea and she gets nasty cramps too.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 12:24 PM
My two love a bit of bread now and then but they prefer it toasted one of there fave things
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 12:30 PM
yep - also have a bread lover here
will only eat with butter on though - spoilt or what !!
he especially likes brown seed bread though - will sniff that out and if I chuck bread out for birds - he will taste it first when he goes in garden - just to make sure its ok forthe birds that he then chases so much they dont have a hope of getting to the bread when he is there !!! LOL

dani)
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Abbas_786
You mention skin and tummy problems.. just wondering what would they be? the guy who i saw giving his dog bread well i did see that his tummy was red and had small spots looked like a rash it wasnt all over the tummy just near the dogs "private area"
That could have been unrine burn. Sometimes the urine spashes up onto the skin and causes a rash.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Glen and Shep (Both BC's) used to have a slice of brown bread with butter and jam on every morning with my dad and a half a cup of tea. They used to watch him prepareing his own breakfast and sit beside him (one either side)

Iab
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2