View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:25 PM
I wondering who actually does the procedure to get the teeth gold and who does the tattooing? Is it legal in the states?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I wondering who actually does the procedure to get the teeth gold and who does the tattooing? Is it legal in the states?
The story behind the tattoo was that the man took home a sedated dog after an ear crop and being a tattoo artist... simply did it himself.

Animal control was called when he placed the photo on [a social network]. Animal control deemed that it wasn't cruelty and that he hadn't broken any laws regarding animals. They did nothing.

As for the grills, I just saw the video randomly on YouTube, but from what I can gather from their site etc., the people that breed the dogs personally do these things. I have no idea if it's legal or not.. but even if it weren't, I'd think there wouldn't be any major laws against it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Am totally speechless!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Stuff like that makes me absolutely sick.

No brains, no undestanding.

Btw what do you mean by american bullies? I presume american staffordshire terriers, as they are in essence pit bull terriers with a fancy name.
American bulldogs on the other hand are a different breed. I love amstaffs, my friend had one and she was gorgeous, until she had muscle athropy on her head and it looked like a shrunken raisin
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
The story behind the tattoo was that the man took home a sedated dog after an ear crop and being a tattoo artist... simply did it himself.

Animal control was called when he placed the photo on 'another site'. Animal control deemed that it wasn't cruelty and that he hadn't broken any laws regarding animals. They did nothing.

As for the grills, I just saw the video randomly on YouTube, but from what I can gather from their site etc., the people that breed the dogs personally do these things. I have no idea if it's legal or not.. but even if it weren't, I'd think there wouldn't be any major laws against it.
I remember reading about the tattooed one and I don't believe that any vet would send a dog home that was still sedated! They wait for them to come round before you pick them u don't they.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Am stunned, that poor dog with the muzzle on doesn't even look comfortable and the tattoo I cannot even comment cos I think I would be banned for using inappropriate language!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Sickening. Catdick Kennels? Would be more aptly named Smalldick Kennels if you ask me. Sorry I looked at them now. But then when you posted them I'm sure you didn't expect a single response admiring them did you?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Stuff like that makes me absolutely sick.

No brains, no undestanding.

Btw what do you mean by american bullies? I presume american staffordshire terriers, as they are in essence pit bull terriers with a fancy name.
American bulldogs on the other hand are a different breed. I love amstaffs, my friend had one and she was gorgeous, until she had muscle athropy on her head and it looked like a shrunken raisin
No, that bulky dog in the third photo is a new breed called the American Bully. They can be registered with the UKC, the ADBA, and a few other kennels. It's NOT a staffy or anything of the sort.

American Bullies are often deformed looking, unhealthy dogs while staffies are pretty healthy dogs.

Those are a few examples of American Bullies. They range from more like staffies to "extreme" and they also have "pocket" versions and other BYB type characteristics. They ALWAYS have crops and they are used as show dogs.

Last dog is a purple ribbon grand champion I think... sad right? Look at his front legs.. it's wrong, it's all wrong.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Sickening. Catdick Kennels? Would be more aptly named Smalldick Kennels if you ask me. Sorry I looked at them now. But then when you posted them I'm sure you didn't expect a single response admiring them did you?
The garbage dudes who put the grills on the dogs? Ha! They aren't to be admired, they are to be pitied...
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I remember reading about the tattooed one and I don't believe that any vet would send a dog home that was still sedated! They wait for them to come round before you pick them u don't they.
TBH, I think the vet probably worked along with him and allowed him to take the dog home early for expressly that purpose. In the UK, I'm not sure if things like this happen. But backdoor deals and stuff are not that uncommon.

The vet is NOT supposed to send the dog home while still asleep from the anesthesia, but that doesn't mean anything. The man probably requested to take the dog home early and either the vet didn't care enough to do so, or the man "convinced" him to break the rules.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >