View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh lordy, how sweet was that! Clever pup. Lets hope he hasnt got fillet steak next time. This could get pricey!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
MMMMM I can imagine a nice soggy rawhind.... Yummy!

Clever girl though
Yea cleverly thought out.....I did think ''god hate to think where thats been'' But I didn't say it
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
Brilliant
She thinks she is being so small, but she carries a huge attitude though anything to get what she wants...and clever with it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Oh lordy, how sweet was that! Clever pup. Lets hope he hasnt got fillet steak next time. This could get pricey!!
You know what they are like, if he has a steak he better eat at the table, otherwise she will hold him to ransom
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 12:23 PM
What a smart little pup! I LOVE IT!!! LOL It's amazing how the little food hounds'll think their way to a tasty treat!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 12:50 PM
That's my girl!!!

Would love to have seen Pat's face

xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
What a smart little pup! I LOVE IT!!! LOL It's amazing how the little food hounds'll think their way to a tasty treat!
she is so food motivated
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
That's my girl!!!

Would love to have seen Pat's face

xx
Sis.....it was classic....but you know how smitten he is, he thinks she is a 'smartya**e'
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 12:46 AM
I tried to teach swap to Dahlia and offered her a tasty treat in place of the toy she was holding. She sniffed the treat, ran into the other room, dropped her toy there, and then came back for her treat.

I laughed so hard and gave her the treat. That was the end of "swap" for us. Doggy is too smart! Now I'm kind of glad I didn't keep teaching it to her! lol
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 01:17 AM
I had a good giggle yesterday... my mother puts out bread and suchlike for the birds (they were desperate for food when we had the snow, and any time it freezes, we've had serious weather here, for this area).

There is a lovely lady blackbird who doesn't like to come to the bird table as the starlings tend to swoop in and tell her to pee off (I've seen them do it in bird sign language).

So I put some bits of bread on a nearby bench and to stop them falling off (or dog eating it) it was wedged into a hollow terracotta pig ornament (sort you might grow a herb out of its back if that makes sense.)

Ok so today Merlin wouldn't come in when I called him and when I went to see why, he had his jaws round the terracotta pig having gone up & nicked it off the bench.... Well he wouldn't surrender it even with bribes of tripe chews, so in the end I held him by the collar and gently brought him in, still would not let go, held onto it for dear life with hard eyes and the start of a defensive growl (although to properly defend it he would have had to let go, lol).

Got him into the living room and he still wasn't budging, tripe chews thrown like confetti around him, he looked he saw he was tempted but no... for some reason this terracotta pig was the Holy Grail.

I took hold of it and gently tried to ease it from him: wiggle wiggle, good boy, go on, lovely lad, pleease, lovely boy... come on you don't need it.... reminding him of all the chews on the floor, the bloody good deal swap he'd been offered, and his eyes went left and right and left and right..... and finally he loosened his grip!

As he did so a piece of bread popped out of the terrracotta pig which he gobbled up, it had been wedged in and he couldn't get it. Then he gobbled up the bribes on the floor, wagged his tail, but best of all my mum stopped freaking out thinking he was going to crunch up and demolish her terracotta planter!!!

As if....

muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
BWAHAHAHA! What a clever girl!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
I tried to teach swap to Dahlia and offered her a tasty treat in place of the toy she was holding. She sniffed the treat, ran into the other room, dropped her toy there, and then came back for her treat.

I laughed so hard and gave her the treat. That was the end of "swap" for us. Doggy is too smart! Now I'm kind of glad I didn't keep teaching it to her! lol
Yea but thats ''smart'' in my eyes.....Skye does swops with our baby grand-daughter she fetches a very old toy, drops it to her....and runs off with abbigails new toys
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
I had a good giggle yesterday... my mother puts out bread and suchlike for the birds (they were desperate for food when we had the snow, and any time it freezes, we've had serious weather here, for this area).

There is a lovely lady blackbird who doesn't like to come to the bird table as the starlings tend to swoop in and tell her to pee off (I've seen them do it in bird sign language).

So I put some bits of bread on a nearby bench and to stop them falling off (or dog eating it) it was wedged into a hollow terracotta pig ornament (sort you might grow a herb out of its back if that makes sense.)

Ok so today Merlin wouldn't come in when I called him and when I went to see why, he had his jaws round the terracotta pig having gone up & nicked it off the bench.... Well he wouldn't surrender it even with bribes of tripe chews, so in the end I held him by the collar and gently brought him in, still would not let go, held onto it for dear life with hard eyes and the start of a defensive growl (although to properly defend it he would have had to let go, lol).

Got him into the living room and he still wasn't budging, tripe chews thrown like confetti around him, he looked he saw he was tempted but no... for some reason this terracotta pig was the Holy Grail.

I took hold of it and gently tried to ease it from him: wiggle wiggle, good boy, go on, lovely lad, pleease, lovely boy... come on you don't need it.... reminding him of all the chews on the floor, the bloody good deal swap he'd been offered, and his eyes went left and right and left and right..... and finally he loosened his grip!

As he did so a piece of bread popped out of the terrracotta pig which he gobbled up, it had been wedged in and he couldn't get it. Then he gobbled up the bribes on the floor, wagged his tail, but best of all my mum stopped freaking out thinking he was going to crunch up and demolish her terracotta planter!!!

As if....

sorry I had to laugh about this
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >