View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I had mine done twice, and yes it did swell up like a balloon but it's not all that bad really, it was ok within a week.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Never had it done and don't think I ever will, but I hope it all goes ok and she isn't in too much discomfort and for too long.
I was a nervous wreck years ago having my ears pierced.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Everyone is very different..

I got mine done about 8 years ago..and mine never swelled at all..had a chip roll for my tea an hour after..
My mate got hers done same time, same place and she was ill for a week..all swollen and couldn't talk, eat etc..
AND yes I laughed

(only because I was only driving her there but she chickened out said if I got it done she would..so I did and she did..I made her pay for it tho!!)
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks everyone you have been very helpful.
I have just one more question, for those that had thier tongue swell or a friend that had thier tongue swell.
Charly had it done at about 4.45 yesterday afternoon. She got up about 6.30 am this morning just to feed her G. Pigs and her tongue is not at all swollen, she said it doesn't hurt it just aches a bit.
Now if its not swollen so far does this mean she is one of the lucky ones who doesn't swell or if they swell is it after 24 hrs.
How long was it till yours or anyone you know tongue swelled?
She can't talk properly and she is constantly trying not to drool everywhere LOL.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 07:23 AM
This is one of those things that I could never imagin having done, as when I was three I had a very bad accident and had to have my tongue stitched back on, spent 15 months with a head cage and had to go to speech therapy.
I so think you daughter and Others that have had it done are so brave. I bet she looks good
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Thanks everyone you have been very helpful.
I have just one more question, for those that had thier tongue swell or a friend that had thier tongue swell.
Charly had it done at about 4.45 yesterday afternoon. She got up about 6.30 am this morning just to feed her G. Pigs and her tongue is not at all swollen, she said it doesn't hurt it just aches a bit.
Now if its not swollen so far does this mean she is one of the lucky ones who doesn't swell or if they swell is it after 24 hrs.
How long was it till yours or anyone you know tongue swelled?
She can't talk properly and she is constantly trying not to drool everywhere LOL.
If I remember rightly, it's the same as most injuries : if it doesnt swell within an hour, then I don't think it's going too, especially not now, so I would say yes, she's one of the lucky ones like me who won't have that issue.

Yes I forgot about the dribbling too
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I got mine done in the afternoon and it didn't swell until after I'd gone to bed. I woke up with a 2 inch thick tongue!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2