View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 10:06 AM
No not really... Well sunday we went to training in a different place with some uncut grass, but not anything wild. But as it was during the sunday it started, that could be a good guess....

Will just check her over when I come home... If she'll let me...
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 10:22 AM
possibly just a grass seed got into the eye? that set it off, I would do as previous posters have said wash with the water, using a different pad for each eye, if it dosnt clear up see vets advice, the longer they eyes are infected the more damage is done.

MO
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi bellaluna. If you boil some water, put it in a mug and place in the fridge overnight, you can use it to wash her eye out the next day. I use this every morning to clean their eyes, but you can actually "wash" the eye out with it if you put enough on a piece of cotton wool so that it is saturated. Yellow is not good, as it shows an infection. Try the washing out as it may flush out anything that may be irritating her eye, and good luck.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys.

I will try this boiled water... It looks a bit better now, but it has been worse in the morning, so I'll look at it again in the morning, and if its still bad, I'm taking her to the vet in the afternoon, when I come home from work...

The eye doesn't look red at all...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi bellaluna, just wondering how luna's eye is this morning, and whether you flushed it out with the boiled water? I hope it's better anyway.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi Helena

No its the same, thanks for asking . I called the vet this morning at they said to try flushing with camomiletea and if it hasnt gotten better by monday, to contact them again.

So I'm making camomiletea now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Yes I forgot about tea, tea is good, but hadn't heard about the Camomiletea, but it makes sense as camomile is good for healing. The things we have to do for our dogs!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah its amazing isnt it?

But as they said at the vet's: camomile works in 90% so rather try that than jumping to meds.

Ooh btw I've read on a lab site, that some of the doggies actually did get "eye buggars" as they called them cos of diet.

But now we'll try the tea and the vet if that doesnt work... And if this doesnt work either, I think its time we took the jump to barf.
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Hope it's back to normal soon.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks HD, so do I
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2