View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Sorry your'e feeling down, a long walk with the dog making a little virtual list of how you are going to pick yourself up & make things better xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Thankyou all so much for your kind words(am sniveling now), it's very good of you. We go for a long walk every morning (weather permitting) and it really is one of the best things, i try go early to avoid most people. Think it was maybe seeing Christmas cards saying Mum n Dad or Dad that set me off yesterday, know it sounds daft. Thankyou
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Whatever your heart is breaking over, be it a relationship, a death or a loss of a much loved pet......you still need to grieve IMO.

Watch weepy films, cry alot, feel sorry for yourself and cuddle up to your dog.
When you have cried as many tears as you feel you can.....ask yourself this......

Do you think your an OK person.....the answer will undoubtedly be yes.....then I tell you this, as you are, hang on to that, treat yourself to a long soak in the bath, do your hair, do your nails, get dressed up and then say Im not just OK.....IM BRILL.

You were given a life in this world......now make sure you put it to good use and those that get left behind will soon realise....''''''look what I lost'''''
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thankyou all so much for your kind words(am sniveling now), it's very good of you. We go for a long walk every morning (weather permitting) and it really is one of the best things, i try go early to avoid most people. Think it was maybe seeing Christmas cards saying Mum n Dad or Dad that set me off yesterday, know it sounds daft. Thankyou
I know what you mean regarding the cards, it's very hard to see them when your parents are no longer with you.

Cry if you want to, there's nothing wrong with that. Lots of virtual hugs coming your way.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 12:21 PM
I do know what you mean about cards. I found it hard not buying a card for my dad this year. So I'm going to buy one anyway and take it to the cemetery on the 28 th. You can write anything you want in it, just say what you would say to your dad if he was with you. Stay strong. People care, as I've said before I'm here if you need me. Take care. Xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Thankyou so much x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Whatever your heart is breaking over, be it a relationship, a death or a loss of a much loved pet......you still need to grieve IMO.
)
This is very true. I still cry for Sam - and talk about him a lot. Maybe I always will. There`s nothing wrong with it as long as then you are able to remember the happy days and what joy you had together as well. It`s about balance.
Take your time and be kind to yourself.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2