View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Either there are two programms planned or someone has got their facts wrong..Channel 4 was asking for people with overweight dogs to come forward for a one hour 'It's Me or The Dog' special to help and advise people with overweight dogs, I got a message about it from a site attatched to an insurance company.
(A lot of insurance companies will soon be refusing to insure overweight dogs because weight related ilnesses are their main pay outs )

As far as I am aware the programme I am talking about has nothing to do with comedy.
You can check it out on the channel 4 site ...quoted here..

Is your dog so overweight you're worried about its health?

Channel 4's hit series 'It's Me or The Dog' are looking for overweight dogs from around the UK for a one-hour special.

Has your dog become so fat it's having trouble getting up the stairs?

Have you been spoiling your dog so much with titbits is now a paunchy pooch? If you would like to nominate a dog please contact the 'It's Me or the Dog' Team on 01273 224 827 or send details and photos to dogs@ricochet.co.uk and put 'Special' in the subject box.

Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Either there are two programms planned or someone has got their facts wrong..Channel 4 was asking for people with overweight dogs to come forward for a one hour 'It's Me or The Dog' special to help and advise people with overweight dogs, I got a message about it from a site attatched to an insurance company.
(A lot of insurance companies will soon be refusing to insure overweight dogs because weight related ilnesses are their main pay outs )

As far as I am aware the programme I am talking about has nothing to do with comedy.
You can check it out on the channel 4 site ...quoted here..

Minihaha - there are 2 programmes.

This is not 'it's me or the dog'. I have spoken to the man who was put in charge or research for this programme and it is not 'it's me or the dog' it is a programme by a company called endemol UK (I think) who are advertising for a pilot comedy to see and audition overweight dogs.

As I said in a previous post - in order to confirm that I haven't got my facts wrong, I emailed the man who posted the ad and asked him and he has replied and in his words it is for 'comedy value'.

I can't tell you much but feel free to pm and I'll go into more detail. The man who replied to my email has asked me not to publish his email online.
becky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-02-2006, 01:42 PM
I totally agree that there is nothing funny about overweight dogs. However, a show like that could make people aware of the dangers of overfeeding their pets so I do think that in that way it could do some good if done in the right way.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by becky
I totally agree that there is nothing funny about overweight dogs. However, a show like that could make people aware of the dangers of overfeeding their pets so I do think that in that way it could do some good if done in the right way.
I really can't make the comment I want to make as I have promised not to publish it online so as to not cause complications for the person I'd be quoting!

Basically though, the man I spoke to said this was for 'comedy value' nothing more. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Just to back up Lotties point THIS SHOW IS FOR COMEDY and will contain no type of info or help. Just provide sick individuals with cheap trills
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 04:14 PM
What will they be doing to the dogs, or letting the dogs do to make it comedy?
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I dont agree at all, how is an over weight dog with possible health problems (due to the obeisity) funny? Thats not entertainment.

Programs which highlight the dangers of over feeding- GREAT.

But COMEDY??!!! Overweight animals of any kind are not humorous.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 04:25 PM
will this not only encourage people (granted stupid people only) to overfeed to acheive the title of most obese dogs or to do this for laughs!

there appears to be no plus points whatsoever and i hope the producers sleep sound at night with the knowledge that there are dogs out there in pain and distress for the sake of comedy!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Hevvur,

I don't know - it's quite frustrating as their website contains no information (probably as it's still only a pilot).

C/O - I agree entirely with what you've said, that was my first concern, if it became a yearly thing like so many of these things do, would people feed their dogs to acheive next year's title??

I am only going on what I've been told by the man who was researching for this programme - I have looked for more information but can't find any on the website.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2