View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2005, 02:09 PM
unfortunalty we have contacted all of them and we have to keep a diary wow! with the garden being so small its hard to play with her there but we have a field which i walk her! we arnt allowed fences as theres already a 3ft wall around us and they wont let us add to it. no win situation really
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I really do feel for you,could you go to your local press?
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2005, 09:40 PM
its a thought thanks jake
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Hello metz not a nice situation for you all. it sounds as if you dog feels constantly under threat and that she needs to be on the defensive all the time. You say she completely ignores you when you call her? If it were me in your situation I would go back to training starting with the basics like sit and stay with lots of praise when your dog obeys then move on to the recall...here is a link to teach recall

If you can get more control over you dog with training she may have more confidence in your ability to protect her and should not not feel so threatened and defensive.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by metz
unfortunalty we have contacted all of them and we have to keep a diary wow! with the garden being so small its hard to play with her there but we have a field which i walk her! we arnt allowed fences as theres already a 3ft wall around us and they wont let us add to it. no win situation really

Can you plant tall shrubs? Maybe bamboo which will give you a bit of privacy at least? Something hardy so that the kids aren't tempted to destroy it. You can get good plant deals of www.crocus.co.uk and they deliver to your door.

But if it's a shared area then it wouldn't work

The last resort would be find another house but it's terrible to think that you'd have to be driven out of your home because of ill mannered children with parents of the same temperament. Sorry to hear about this
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2005, 10:22 AM
we are thinking of moving and i will try the plants
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Are the children tormenting her only in your front garden? If so, then I would prevent her having access to that area. You need to work on some obedience exercises as suggested by Minihaha. Keep calm at all times as this attitude will transfer to the dog. Can you get your postman to 'deliver' a dog biscuit with the letters? This will help her to associate the noise of the letterbox with something good rather than a threat.

The children sound vile, but is it possible for you to become friendly with them and explain that their actions are upsetting Metz? If you could get them to listen to you and offer to help them to make friends with Metz that might be the way to go. You would need to be very cautious in attempting the latter but children are often rather impressed to have a big dog as a friend. If you feel this suggestion is worth pursuing ask here, or a reliable trainer/behaviour consultant, how best to go about it

Again as Mini said, you dog needs to know that you are the leader & protector - that it is your job, not hers, to ward off threats and that she can look to you to prevent any harm coming to herself or her family.

Good wishes
SB
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2005, 12:51 PM
that sounds a good idea boxer and i will try the biscuit with the postman unfortunatly the kids round here are just wont listen to anyone they just throw abuse at you the minute you talk to them. but i have a new posting telling everyone that we are moving as i have just bought our new house its in a very lovely area and a field at the back of our garden with is ideal for metz we cant wait!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 09:21 PM
I for one will be only to happy when you move off that crap hole of an estate. The kids ARE vile, and the parents viler. How they can call themselves human beings beggars belief.

I can't give any suggestions other than the one's already posted.

Give Metz a big hug from 'granny' Wolfie
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2