Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry to hear you are ill

I can't remember a time when I have felt too ill to take the dogs out. I do as Mahooli does, I wrap up warm, wander around the woods or fields slowly and then go back to bed when we get in.

Hope you feel better soon.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Lots of stimulating toys, swingball in the garden, tire them mentally untill your fit to walk them xx get better soon.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I only remember being too ill to go once and that was over Christmas. Luckily OH was home and took her on his own. I couldn't even get up the stairs without needing a kip
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 07:11 PM
mine are really good they love long walks but are happy to snuggle up when i am poorly

we have had a few afternoons in bed this week but the boys have played fetch and filled the treat balls
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm ill regularly and am lucky that I have family who can take them for me but my dogs run off their condition if you take them out for too long (we can only go for half hour walks twice a day and then a long one a couple of times a week!) so I tend to tire them out with brain games in the house!

Sit, stay, hide a ball out of sight and tell them to find it, or put a treat under a beaker and then mix it up with other beakers get the dog to tap the right one... plus plenty of training new tricks - you'll tire them
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I hut my ankle a few days ago and so walks have had to be curtailed a little. But Oscar seems content just to 'chill out' with me, and have a run in the garden when necessary.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 07:52 PM
If i'm ill the girls normally curl up with me and are happy with garden time. my O/H offers them a walk but the rarely take him up on it. they'd rather stay in bed with me.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 08:03 PM
hugs Evie...
hope you feel better soon.
Try throwing a ball down the hall...hiding something in a room and getting them to find it...
Sometimes we all have times like you are having now Evie. Don't beat yourself up about it and concentrate on getting well. Hugs.xxxx
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I started with this flu bug, yesterday got up took dogs out and then went back to sleep till next walk they just had shorter walks and no training sessions, the fresh air cleared my head for a short time too.
Hope you are feeling better now.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2007, 08:47 PM
we are lucky we have a huge garden so i can stand and watch ben run about, theres a pair of squirrels in the garden so thats a bonus for him. i throw a ball for him and that wears him out.
OH used to take him out when i was really ill,
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >