View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Ah Patch, so sorry to hear this, its going to be a nightmare for you.

I agree with Vicki, I do think it would be worth you writing to Tesco's head office about this. If you explain that the staff were most unhelpful and wouldn't even put it in their accident book.

Hope it proves not to be quite as bad as the doctor is telling you at the moment.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear the news Patch..I hope it starts to feel better soon, even though the healing process is going to take ages.

I wonder if Tescos are in the wrong for not logging it in their accident book at the time...you never know, it might be worth a try...maybe you have witnesses to confirm what happened?

Take care xxx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 11:12 AM
aww that sounds painful, hope it heals sooner rather than later for you chick x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Fanx guys In a way it`s feeling better in my mind as it were now that I know what is actually wrong with it, I can stop feeling like a wimp over what I thought was just a pulled muscle, and now that I know what is and is`nt allowed in terms of using it I have high hopes of beating the Docs time scale, [ ok stubborn determination more like ]

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
So sorry to hear this,and hope it starts to improve soon Hope you will still be able to get to the "Wiccs Weekender"

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Jeanette

As Teal`c in SG1 would say, undomesticated equines could not keep me away, short of the stoopid arm dropping off so that I can`t change gear to drive, I`ll be there on the Sunday
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 02:57 PM
awe so sorry to hear this, its gona be hard going for you as your active,,

will send big steve down to ya,,,he can lift, lay and carry for the next 18 months for ya x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe so sorry to hear this, its gona be hard going for you as your active,,

will send big steve down to ya,,,he can lift, lay and carry for the next 18 months for ya x
Aw bless ya, that`s really thoughtful of you
Tell him not to forget to pack his uniform
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2008, 03:20 PM
sorry to hear about that patch

im thinking that if you did report the accident to tesco at the time, then by law, they should have entered it into their accident book.
when i worked at FOAL Farm, i was told that if a visitor or volunteer or member of staff didnt have an accident entered into the accident book, then would could get taken to court if a condition develops due to the accident.
i think you might have an angle in with them that way?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
sorry to hear about that patch

im thinking that if you did report the accident to tesco at the time, then by law, they should have entered it into their accident book.
when i worked at FOAL Farm, i was told that if a visitor or volunteer or member of staff didnt have an accident entered into the accident book, then would could get taken to court if a condition develops due to the accident.
i think you might have an angle in with them that way?
I`m definitely going to look into it, I`m not a sue-happy type but the level of pain involved and the length of time it I`m looking at for now before it`s better, all because they won`t do anything about their flooring, it`s just not on, one day it will be someone`s pacemaker going haywire because of a big hit like I took that day
When it happened, a member of staff was in the isle and saw it happen, I spoke to her there and then but she just shrugged her shoulders and turned her back on me, there was no way she was going to admit what she saw nor how she reacted, and when I spoke to another member of staff a few minutes later she just said ` sue `em` but was`nt interested in putting it in an accident book either, and to be honest I was in so much pain I just wanted to get out of there, get home, and swear lots to release the pain a bit, I was`nt thinking straight at the time because of the pain, and I really did think it was just a pulled muscle which would be ok after a few days, but with hindsight I`d should have demanded to see a manager and first aider and to make them do everything by the book

The Doc did say the damage was absolutely consistent with the angle and force my arm was thrown up and backward so at least that`s documented now - I`ll make an appointment with a solicitor during the week I think even if it`s just a case of them writing a letter to get it on record and to try to get them to do something about their flooring as I`m certainly not the only one it`s happened to in a Tesco`s

Shopping trolleys and static shocks

That`s only a small sample and a very basic poll I know but does seem to be a direct connection between the flooring change from the main floors and what they have down in the clothing departments, also the trolleys at the branch where it happened are fitted with whatever it is that stops the trolley moving beyond a certain point to prevent theft of them so I don`t know if that`s a major feature in the static combined with the flooring involved
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2