View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh, love her! What a sweet little face saying "poor me" - bless her!

Hope your big babies are all better soon. Hope you get some peace soon. It must be exhausting.

As for getting rid of the sicky smell. Have you every tried Zoflora disinfectant. I do my wooden floors with it. It smells very nice, not too flowery and gets rid of all germs. If you do try it, don't get the Lavendar one, that smells revolting but all the others really are nice!

Get well kisses to poorly Rotties from Cheeky Chis
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Poor you (and poor woofs!)

Can you burn a bit of lavender/scented essential oil in water to mask the sick smell??
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Awwww heop they are better soon x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Im stuck in the house utill someone comes home, so I have bleach, flash floor cleaner and smelly candles just now,

im on my 6th load of vet bed washing now,

its just that smell,,,, you know that horrid smell,

hollys just had a marathon barf session, shes been sick 5 times in the last 30 mins, just hope that things have hit a head and she will be feeling better soon,
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi Shona One small dog makes enough mess when ill, the 'output' from three large dogs doesn't bear thinking about poor things .

To get rid of the smell of vomit vinegar or soda (bicarbonate or use baking powder which contains it too) used to clean the area will dissolved the proteins in the vomit and help to destroy the smell, biological washing powder should do so too.

For lingering smells a few drops of pure oil of lavender rubbed into the surface should help.

For now it's hot water bottles all round I should think
Hope things improve soon.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Shona One small dog makes enough mess when ill, the 'output' from three large dogs doesn't bear thinking about poor things .

To get rid of the smell of vomit vinegar or soda (bicarbonate or use baking powder which contains it too) used to clean the area will dissolved the proteins in the vomit and help to destroy the smell, biological washing powder should do so too.

For lingering smells a few drops of pure oil of lavender rubbed into the surface should help.

For now it's hot water bottles all round I should think
Hope things improve soon.
should I just mix the bicarbonate with water? just off to see how much vinigar I have, the smell is driving me mad~ I cant understand how, when I lift the vet bed right away and was the floor with bleach it still smells so bad,

just had a sniff at vinnie and I think he must have got some on his coat when ill, he smells of sick as well
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
should I just mix the bicarbonate with water? just off to see how much vinigar I have, the smell is driving me mad~ I cant understand how, when I lift the vet bed right away and was the floor with bleach it still smells so bad,

just had a sniff at vinnie and I think he must have got some on his coat when ill, he smells of sick as well
Shona just sprinkle the bicarbonate of soda onto a sponge which has been dampened with warm water and then clean the area with the sponge. If the smell is on any fabrics then sprinkle the bicarbonate onto the fabric (rug, vetbed, curtains etc) leave for a while and then hoover it up and then wash as normal.

I don't know but you might even be able to use bicarbonate on their coats then brush out ??(but I really don't know best check that first, give James a call and ask just say a mad woman told you to give it a try )
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Awww poor babies, and look at Hollys little face, bless her.

So sorry for you and them Shona, I had a bug go through mine a couple of winters ago...it was never ending and I had 13 dogs all living indoors at the time, it was a nightmare

I had Cromosol (sp?) disinfectant and that has a lovely aroma so I was constantly using that to clean up with, and managed to keep the sickly smell to a minimum.

Big hugs to your babies and I hope they feel better soon. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Hoping they are all better soon and you can have some rest.
Lady across the way to me her husky pup is just recovering from a tummy bug, he had to go to the vets as he is still quite young.
(((Hugs))) to all.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 05:04 PM
thanks everyone, I have had an hour vomit free with holly

When Gordon came home he said he cant smell sick, all he can smell is the candles burning,
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >