Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 02:00 PM
thanks all,
Florrie is 5 months, and 1 week, and she only ever has accidents, 9if she has her tea too late, which is our fault really, she is even starting too ask to go out, so i would say that she is 98 percent house trained, so is this good?
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
if she has her tea too late, which is our fault really,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this bit?

You say she's starting to ask to go out - are you teaching her how? Or relying on her working it out?

Becs
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 02:07 PM
I think Loki was fully house trained by about 4-5 months, BUT I have read that sometimes it can take up to a year, eg accidents etc. I would continue the taking outside frequently, rewarding, saying "be clean" or whatever etc. for a long time. I still do this with Loki - admittedly not every half hour as he is 9 months and has a bigger bladder, but I certainly make sure he gets every opportunity to go.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this bit?

You say she's starting to ask to go out - are you teaching her how? Or relying on her working it out?

Becs
Our fault if we feed them all too late. Since 8 weeks, everytime she has eaten she has been take outside straight afterwards, and when she was using the pee-pee mats, after a little while we moved them closer and closer to the back door. And when she was smaller, f we did catch her in the act, we would put her outside, . And having Polly, our JRT has helped too, she has seen her asking to go out, and going to the toilet. And sort of jumped on the band wagon, so to speak with little encouragement from us. Now we just need to get her to do a poo out on walkies, placed a post about this in the behaviour section
best wishes
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Do you also take her out after play, when she wakes up during the day etc? The summer weather is great for housetraining as you can take them out frequently during the day, just for a play, and reward any toilet activities. You can also leave the back door open to see if they understand where're they're supposed to go.

Have you taught her the speak command so she can ask to go out?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes to all, she is actually really good for a terror LOL
And we taught her to bark etc. now we regret it, she never shuts up, whenever she wants tea, she will come and bark at u and pull your socks, or hems of your trousers LOL
Well i think she is gettign the idea, for example just nwo, she was wining and i let her out she did a widdle.
But the funniest thing is, cause she sued to gettign praise, she now watches you when she goign toilet, and bounds up to u straight away afterwards, as if too say yey, i did good
thanks
for all the advice
best wishes
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Archie is 5 months and pretty much house trained now The only accidents are our fault....

This morning, first thing (he is always bursting), my sister took him downstairs, opened the garden door, and then her phone rang and she ran back up to her room... archie followed her and had an accident on the stairs, but I don't blame him... he wanted to see what was going on, and his bladder couldn't hold it after al the water he had drunk last night
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2