Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
Sounds just like our little bitch terrier! She has the other boys (and daddy!) wrapped around her little paw
I do sometimes think we run the risk of anthropomorphising pets but it's very hard not to.
When I was writing it I was thinking that maybe I am over thinking it (does that make sense) but you can see her working it out, little minx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
When I was writing it I was thinking that maybe I am over thinking it (does that make sense) but you can see her working it out, little minx
I think once you have two or more dogs, you really begin to see how there mind works and the diff between how males and females think, I get a good laugh at my lot trying to get one up one each other.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh and to add our little bitch also throws the most AWESOME sulks if she doesn't get her own way!
It is our boy who wont speak to you if you give him a row, he goes in his crate and wont even look at you
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I think once you have two or more dogs, you really begin to see how there mind works and the diff between how males and females think, I get a good laugh at my lot trying to get one up one each other.
You are so right, it is brain vrs braun here, I dont mean my boy is thick but no match for missy here
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Lionhound I know exactly what you mean! They have such defined personalities so it's hard to not humanise them. I guess where I draw the line is knowing they are all individuals with their own personalities and reasons for doing things but mustn't forget they are also still animals if that makes sense!?
Seriously the antics mine get up to. Who would have thought a small bitch terrier would boss an Irish wolfhound around? And she can get patches to do anything for her.He isn't the sharpest tool in the box and i swear she winds him up just to see what happens.
She has also learnt a new trick. Patches is notorious for finding things to eat on walks. If he eats something he immediately gets told to drop and she has now started trying to run in and grab it when he drops it!

Also when my husband and i first got together our dogs all had to be introduced as well. She was his originally and she did not take very kindly to suddenly not being the only female vying for his attentions!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
You are so right, it is brain vrs braun here, I dont mean my boy is thick but no match for missy here
I tend to find the boys try one or at a push two things to get something, then they give up, go away and forget about it, the girls stop when they have what they want...
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Toro does the same with Inka, but her latest is she walks away, and doesn't come back in till he gets up to go look for her, cheeky monkey x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:24 AM
when holly wants something tegan has...girl against girl she tends to just fly in, grab it and run like hell she knows all the little tricks will just alert tegan to the fact she wants it making it harder for her to get, so a quick ambush is in order..lol

possession is the law with rotties, if you have it, its yours for as long as you can keep it.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Lionhound I know exactly what you mean! They have such defined personalities so it's hard to not humanise them. I guess where I draw the line is knowing they are all individuals with their own personalities and reasons for doing things but mustn't forget they are also still animals if that makes sense!?
Seriously the antics mine get up to. Who would have thought a small bitch terrier would boss an Irish wolfhound around? And she can get patches to do anything for her.He isn't the sharpest tool in the box and i swear she winds him up just to see what happens.
She has also learnt a new trick. Patches is notorious for finding things to eat on walks. If he eats something he immediately gets told to drop and she has now started trying to run in and grab it when he drops it!

Also when my husband and i first got together our dogs all had to be introduced as well. She was his originally and she did not take very kindly to suddenly not being the only female vying for his attentions!
Lula has only been here for 6 wks............goodness knows what she will be getting up to in a years time
I just scared myself with that thought
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Toro does the same with Inka, but her latest is she walks away, and doesn't come back in till he gets up to go look for her, cheeky monkey x
Poor Inky

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
when holly wants something tegan has...girl against girl she tends to just fly in, grab it and run like hell she knows all the little tricks will just alert tegan to the fact she wants it making it harder for her to get, so a quick ambush is in order..lol

possession is the law with rotties, if you have it, its yours for as long as you can keep it.
Here it is - whats yours is mine and whats mine is mine
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >