06-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Morning all

A busy day here today and I'm sneezing non stop
I hope you are all well, see you all later xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone, I am so tired this morning just reading through was driving me off to sleep. I have had 3 cups of tea too. Oh never mind as long as you are all okay do take care everyone and have a good day. God bless.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Morning Lynn, Linda, Bev, Jenny, Malka, Moyra, Jen and all.

Well, I don't wanna gloat....but, it's yet another glorious spring day here. I was up on the top by 7 am, so went a little further it was glorious up there and I must definitely take the camera this week-end when Dave's with me cos this weather is expected to last for the whole of next week, Saturday and Sunday getting up as high as 18 deg Not used to that yet are we, but I'm sure I'll cope.

I couldn't decide whether to paint, to pressure wash, or hoover round, so I took myself off to Asda instead. Got some nice half price t-shirts which were outside, and a couple of new fleeces, everything was about £4 I just don't know how they can do it, but it's all good.

Came home, still couldn't decide, so shoved a chicken casserole in the oven, opened all the patio doors front and back, and swept the front terrace whilst Zena annoyingly kept plonking her squeaky ball down in front of my broom. I kept telling her I'm not playing, I'm busy, so gave up in the end and I've come on the puter for 5 mins before taking her out again up the road.

Lynn, sorry you're feeling rubbish again today, let's hope it goes soon. Nice that Gorden's got another long week-end with you, but let's hope he doesn't bring you anything else back this time.

Jen, sorry to hear you're sneezing too.

Moyra, why you so tired then? Hope you're ok.

Jenny, hope you've got this glorious weather and can get out for a nice walk with the boys maybe with a friend. I wish I had a friend......sometimes, not a lot, but sometimes

Linda, hope Loki's stopped chewing and you can get that dress for Carys somewhere.

Bev, good luck with the journey, it's always daunting when you're on your own. I used to panic at the airport thinking I'd get on the wrong plane when I used to visit mum on her own in Spain. If you're not sure, then ask, as us women always do. Men don't like asking do they for some strange reason, but I always ask just to make sure and nobody seems to mind.

Must go and get some petrol, I forgot this morning and I won't have enough for my morning trip. If I take Zena with me, we can stop off at the park and walk around the onlead bit, I like walking in there cos I feel so safe with all the dogs onlead.

Catch you later then, I'm sorry I can't share my sunshine today
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2014, 11:28 AM
My word, that takes me back! Talk of Pirbright and Brookwood station. You see this uncivilised Northern Boggart was stationed at the Guards Depot, Pirbright way back in the day, while serving Queen and Country. after a suitable period however they thought it best to return me to the wild and I was despatched with thanks to the windswept Northern Moorland which is my natural habitat. I see that "happy pills" are being dispensed in the Highlands, boy there are times when I could do with a handful of them!! Some folk are heading for the bracing cliff tops others to walk with greyhounds (why not if that nice Mr Costner could dance with wolves). Meanwhile Malka is snuggling down in piles of warm, fluffy towels (from John Lewis no less) and hoping that Nir is good at his job. Well whatever you are all up to, I hope that you have a good day, and wish you joy in all you do. And so it continues, dog walking and hedge laying for me today and a visit to the Corn Merchants (this counts as a day out up here) I will dip into this land of Stratospheric Indulgence and Posh Folks later in the day just to remind me of how the other half actually live (quite an eye opener I'll be bound). Bye fer now.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Yay, good old John Lewis is sending me a dress for an 8-year-old from Newcastle and if it doesn't fit, I can take it back!

The dresses have to be white and shoulders covered. This one looks nice and simple with a little detail around the neck and waist:

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-...-white/p376490

I hope it's nice when we try it on.

I need to think about hair. Carys likes the idea of flowers. They stipulated no make-up - as if I'd put make up on my little girl's lovely young face! She was given make-up by some friends for last year's birthday but she uses it on her styling head.

We have some sun on and off too!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Off on the bone run now, just going to give the girlies a bone each to keep them busy till I get back from my journey up the motorway to where the footballers live in this part of the world, then home to reality, not forgetting to collect some pet mince for the girlies so's they can have brekkies tomorrow.
Bev, can you get hold of a diary that has a map of the underground on, when I used to go down to Portsmouth I had to go from Euston to Waterloo on the Northern line, its very confusing to someone who has never been on the underground before, can't say I liked it, particularly the beggars with young children with them, that was a good few years ago now, so I daresay it has got worse. I used to put my handbag in my wheelie case because I was certain it would be stolen, and just have my ticket handy. I was always glad to get on that Portsmouth train with a feeling I'd survived somethind dreadful
Enjoy the walk Jenny, be careful with that jet washer if its arrived when you get home, otherwise you'll be in sick baby, then again I can always re-jig the rota so you get the best looking Nice Male Nurses on night duty for you
Back later.....
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Whooo Hooo. I'm going to be well off. Just got my letter saying my state pension is going up by the grand total of .......... £2.72 a week. Now what can I go mad with.
Enjoy your day at the corn merchants GordonHow the other half live indeed.
Love that dress LS Hope it fits Carys Aren't they a price though
Stop gloating about the sun again Helena It's dry but dull here.
Can't remember who else has posted as I read them earlier & forgotten now.
I've made a load of pastry to make a pie for tea with the leftover stew from yesterday. & done some washing. It's quite windy out so am hoping it's going to dry. Other than that I can't get motivated to do anything
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Yes, Lynne - there was a nice one on Amazon for £35 but not in the right size.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Morning Gordon, so you were in the home guard then? I wonder if you can find some old photo's for us in the Pirbright archives - be nice to put a face to a name Enjoy your excursion to the corn merchants, and there I was thinking a trip to Sainsbury's was an exciting day out. You do make me larf Gorden

Morning June, hope you get lots of bones today on the bone run. You would LOVE the place I just found next to the petrol station! I went for petrol, and right next to the petrol station, I found a football pitch, huge it was, with grass all the way around it, edged with woodland, runs alongside the main road, I never knew it was there, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. We had a fantastic time me and Zena, lots of ball chucking, 2 men walking around on the pitch seeing if it had dried out enough for Saturday's match no doubt, so we walked all the way around on lovely, dry grass and there was nobody to spoil it for us I shall be going there again for a quick lunchtime walk, it's only 2 mins up the road and best of all, no mud! Saved me doing a lead walk down in the park anyway. Nice to find somewhere new, and I've still got Guestling Woods to do yet once it's dried out, cos I've been told the bluebells in there are to die for. Roll on April.

I did all that whilst lunch was slowly bubbling away in the slow cooker, now it's ready so I'm going to have some, catch you all later.

Hi Linda, glad you've got that dress now.

Hi Lynne, pie sounds nice, and the pension rise sounds, well, adequate I s'pose, but then that's the govt for you! I've already had my rise but that was a month ago and I've probably spent it in Dunelms.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Afternoon everyone beginning to feel a bit more human so better get on with some tidying in a bit.
Helena Gorden is bringing tea with him tonight and as long as that's all he brings he can stay till Monday Glad you had a good walk.
Gordon enjoy your day out at the corn merchants.
Linda that dress is very nice I hope it fits Carys. How are the other quests going ?
June hope you have a successful bone and mince run I am having Dillon's delivered tomorrow from Prize choice he went off the raw but I tried him on a small amount I had left of the Prize choice mince and he likes that so it must be texture he is fussy about. I prefer him on the raw than tins even though he has the most expensive.
Lynne now don't be spending all that £2 plus now.
Afternoon Jenny Nippy and Moyra.

Well Dillon is snoring away after we had a big bouncing game in the garden no walk today again didn't feel up too it so I will start tidying now and hopefully the patio will be dry by the time he goes out in a huff because of the hoover, then its cutting up the pigs kidneys and liver to go in with his minces.
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »