Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Good morning
LYNN sorry you're not feeling great,you just get a wee blanket and pop your feet up.(( hugs))
School run was a bit later this morning,they had Mass first.Traffic was insane though much prefer to go earlier.Took Lacey out then,its so cold
Need to take youngest to the shopping Center after school,18 miles to the nearest one but she needs new school shoes. We'll just have our tea out too,she'll chose McD's no doubt
Steam mop is out,so after a cuppa,its full steam ahead for me
Hope your all well and have a great day...lovely kitty pics
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2014, 10:26 AM
No nanny nap for me unfortunately Lynn - by the time I have made up and given Da Booger her first meal it is time to sort something out for myself [I tend not to eat before 2pm these days, frequently later] Then it is time for her 3pm meds - usually when I am halfway through eating - and no way can I have a lie-down until at least an hour after I have eaten or I get diabolical indigestion, and I have this "thing" about not leaving washing up so it has to be done as soon as I have finished eating...

...by which time Da Booga usually starts nagging for her bone meal.

Spoiled? Her? Nah, she just thinks - nay, knows - that I am merely on earth to be her 24/7 slave!

Anyhow, I now have a load of towels in the tumble dryer - the mixed rice/grains are cooked and spread on a tray to cool quickly - cool enough already to put the tray in the refrigerator as I will not pack them for freezing until they are completely cold - but when I put it in there were a load of courgettes plus a cauli giving me dirty looks because they are still waiting to be done.

And I still have not made my second coffee
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Morning all...

Did not get on at all yesterday, but I did read Lynn has her car back and Dave had a problem with his appointment, well not Dave but the NHS...

Love the pics of Lyla cat Hope the vet goes well for Zena and I think there are a few cold bugs about, I still am blowing my nose after almost two weeks...

Went to fetch chicken and tripe for the dogs yesterday, pity you dont live nearer TW, I have found somewhere that sells chicken backs for 20p a kilo...so very happy, so are the dogs

I am trying to work up the enthusiasm to sort the dog room out. I do hoover in there every day, but I dont look up, I did yesterday and YUP...there are cobwebs , so I am going to move cages, wash walls and paint work and do those cobwebs. I am not a houseworking person, my sister is the house proud one so it will entail copious amounts of tea....I will have all the doors open and will have music on high too....

Will nip in later, unless I get eaten by the spiders cos I've taken their houses down
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
...[snip]...
Went to fetch chicken and tripe for the dogs yesterday, pity you dont live nearer TW, I have found somewhere that sells chicken backs for 20p a kilo...so very happy, so are the dogs
Now I really am jealous. I cannot get hold of tripe here and have to pay 86p for a kilo of chicken backs. Mind you they are from my poulterer and have loads of meat on them so Da Booga has hers raw and I cook them for myself! Get loads of meat plus soup from them as well!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Oh what a beautiful mooooorning, oh what a beautiful day

Had a glorious walk up along the clifftops in brilliant sunshine, glistening on the sea down below, it was so warm at 7.30 am I had to take my jacket off Didn't meet anyone either which is always a bonus.

Came home, did the vet bit, and as he peered into each of her ears, he laughed and looked at me and said "it's just the one dog you have isn't it"? I didn't know what he meant, so I laughed back and said yes but why, so he replied, that he thought I must have brought my 2nd dog in today cos there's no way this dog has ever had an ear infection, everything looks so perfick in there She was a little angel, I still cannot quite believe just how good she is for this particular vet, I swear he must have had words with her when she was in for her op, because she just sits there for him, never moves, never grumbles, never whinces, she's a little star. He praised me for spotting it early because most dogs would have just ignored this initial ear flap problem, but because she had TOLD me, we could work on it quickly to stop it getting into the canal. I told him she's such a good patient for me, I can do anything with her, unlike him, but he said it's usually the other way around, some people have to keep going back to him to administer stuff cos they just can't do it back at home. The bad news is.......... since she's been on her diet, although she now looks thinner, to me anyway, we weighed her in two different rooms on two different scales, cos I didn't believe the first ones, and she's now 42 kgs There I was, thinking she would now be down to 39, but sadly not. I told him her diet must be like the one I'm on then I've got to starve her even more now, but summer's coming, she'll get more walks instead of food and she never pesters me for food anyway.

Just been out up the road with Zena, and met a lovely lady and her daughter who have just moved down here. They had a lovely white gsd, only 6 months old, but because they had their own fields behind their old house, the dog has never been out and about before today Anyway, we chatted for half an hour, she had her teenage daughter with her, she's living down at the bottom of my road, although has bought a guest house in St Leonards so will be moving over there soon, but she's going to put her phone number in my post box later on today and we'll go up on the clifftops and let the dogs get to know each other. Soooooo, looks like I might have a dog walking companion at last, along with a good friend, cos we did get on well and had a good laugh.

Then a man who had driven past us whilst we were chatting, came back down the road, stopped me and opened his window, and smiled and said "if I had had a camera when you were stood there chatting to that woman, I would have taken a picture of your beautiful dog, the way she was sitting there, staring up at you, paw in the air, waiting for you to finish chatting so she could have her ball back"!!! How lovely is that! I told him she's in love with me and never stops staring at me and he said he can believe that Nice man.

Funny how the sunshine makes everyone happy and chatty isn't it, everyone's got a smile on their face today and it's lufferly.

Off for bangers and mash now, catch you all later when I've had a read through.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 01:14 PM
I can't believe Zena put on weight with all the walks she gets! Poor girl, waiting patiently for her ball.

I did Michael's hair but I think I'll have to bite the bullet and get it done professionally soon.

There is an Ash Wednesday Mass at school but I don't think I'll get there in time - I've only just got back and given Michael his lunch.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Sunshine HELENA?..I wish!! We have rain and lots of it
Great news for Zena Well done you
Got loads done today,nice shiny house Ironing will have to wait till tonight,though
Ordered a new blind for the bathroom.other one had seen better days.thought it would have been more expensive well pleased at £50
Going to pop into Debenhams later,avail of their bra measuring services.My straps are falling down all the time and driving me nuts Have a sale on at the mo too,so that'll be handy!
Into Currys too,youngest's tv hasn't made in onto her wall yet, been sitting on a wee table Need to buy a wall bracket,then I can get the drill out....yeah!!
Looking forward to going shopping now,everyday is like Groundhog Day if you don't mix it up a bit
No spinning till tomorrow night,SIL has a First Communion thing on for my nephew,suits me better too so that worked out well. Might vibrate later
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 01:41 PM
I know Linda, I've been chucking that ball throughout an hour's walk and still she's putting it on (same as me though lol!). I blame those fish sticks and so does he, so he said no more fish sticks, and on top of that, she's not supposed to have the ball either Talk about a dog's life, that's no life for a dog is it without a ball and no treats We shall see....about both Oh dear, Michael's haircut doesn't sound like it went to plan there then. You ought to be watching that *hair* programme on BBC 3 (last night) cos you might learn something from it. I'm watching it to see if I can cut my own hair cos I'm so fed up with this local crowd of so called stylists in this town. Get that pudding basin out then Linda

Hi Eileen, oh you haven't got this lovely sunshine up your way then? Enjoy your little shopping trip to Debenhams, we've got a huge Debenhams here, I got lost in there first time around, kept going round in circles (bit like you on that vibrator thingie of yours), cos I couldn't work out that if I came out of the front I was on the seafront, and yet I had to come down another level to get back out into the shopping square - it did my head in that did I had visions of being lost in there all day, until I asked one of the assistants to lemme oooooooout!

I totally agree about mixing it up a bit, otherwise, it's just the same old same old isn't it, and I do like a bit of variety me

Lynn, sorry to hear you're suffering there

Jenny, hope you've got the sunshine today and will enjoy a long walk with the boys, I thought of you again this morning out on my lovely walk.

Elaine, hope you're pacing yerself there with all that housework, not too many cobwebs at once. I have them too, I keep forgetting about the big one on the strip light in the utility, and it must have been there 2 years now

Jen, yes Zena's ear is so good he's told me to stop all treatment, I'm to put it away in the cupboard now. Wish I could put her in the blinkin cupboard sometimes lol! Yes, I watch that Hair programme too, watched it last week and last night, it's good isn't it.

Well, you know where I'm going now don'tcha.......catch you all later then.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 02:06 PM
ever started sumfink and wished ya hadn't....... ........
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone, I am so late today but it took me so long to get through yesterday's thread and now I cannot remember anything. Lets scan my poor limpid brain:

Lynn, you got your car back now called Aggie and you are happy that they knocked some of the bill even though they did extra work too.

Helen, Zena has not lost the weight you had hope she would even though we can all vouch you walk her enough. But on the good side it looks like you may have a new walking friend.

Bev, Lyla had her first confrontation with another but bigger cat and although you were the one to frighten it way little Lyla thinks she frightened the other cat off. Hope you are around next time she meets it. Have a lovely weekend down with Charly and Ash and Harley.

Jenny, think you are all guns out trying to wash down the yard as best you can. Do hope you will feel better when it is all nice and clean.

Cannot remember anything else, except Malka, Pereg has been good. Enjoy the rest of your day everyone, God bless. Moyra xxx
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »