Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Well done Pereg - a good nip is obviously what those fools on the water delivery need. People of that ilk really do aggrivate me. Good dog!!! Hope all are well (4 legs and 2) and that the vagaries of the weather are not treating you all too unkindly. Here although it was dry earlier the rain has now arrived and is currently driving in parallel to the ground, so glad I got my morning walkies out of the way before it started. Seems from the dogs reactions this morning that there has been considerable fox action overnight - must keep an eye on my elderly hens dont want one of the old girls ending up as a fox's Kiev. I make a point of not letting them out into the orchard until 10am to minimise the risk of "red attack", by that time I always hope that most of them will have gone home to bed. 'Cos it seems that at this time of year most of our foxes are on Nights! See you later, and be careful out there! Bye fer now.
Reminds me of an octagenarian plumber at one house I rented. Refused to come in until the dogs were in a safe room. " I dont want to get et!" And a young carpenter who refused until he saw me take them across the fields.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Morning Lynn and all that follow.
Arrrgggh Lynn poor you with that bath. There is always something happening whatever house you have you know
My old chap is still in hospital, not surprising really considering the gash.
Morning Malka lovely picture you pa=int there of da Booga and the delivery men!
Bev I hope Harleys foot is better today.
Helena glad you can see an improvement in Zenas ear.
Jenny hope you do meet up with you nephew and I hope that horrid water is now receding
Morning Gordon please will you keep the rain up your way, we don't want any more
Morning Rosebud

It's my natter and coffee morning on a Monday! so see you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Morning everyone, Not a bad day out there, the sun is beginning to shine.

Lynn, that was lucky that Gordon heard that noise and was able to fix the problem. Shame it has set you back in accepting the place.

Malka, what a performance to get a couple of large bottles of water. Good job you were almost dressed. Pereg sounds as though she loves to scare those big men.
How you can stay there with those sirens going off and the chance of being hit at any time I do not know. I couldn't live in a war zone. It was bad enough having a bomb put on my post office counter once without living in that situation all the time.

Bev,
I do hope that Harley's paw will be ok such a shame so soon after getting him. Hopefully, he will heal quickly.

Helena,
hasn't the month with the caravan's closed gone by quick. I am sorry that Dave has become withdrawn again. He must be depressed about the garage sale falling through, you can understand it. Glad Zena's ear is on the mend.

Jenny, glad you are now able to walk the dogs in the garden again will be good when the rain washes the garden down and gets rid of all the horrible silt. It will be lovely to see your nephew and his family again and I hope your mum is ok. Take care.

Have a good day everyone and no doubt I have missed some of your postings but do take care all. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Morning all.

Hope you are all well. It is nice weather here I am off shortly to take Mom to the hospital she is getting her gullet widened again via endescopy.

I will drop her at the hospital and then go and get my hair cut.
Also got to pop to the bank and then pay a couple of bills, and fill the car up with petrol too.

And may even try to sort out the mortgage it's fixed and coming to an end so may try to source a new deal before I cannot .....not long now only 5.5 years to go. :cat35

Anyhow have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Morning Gordon, Rosebud and Nippy Jen,

Rosebud, sorry you are struggling financially, times are hard.

Gordon, I hope your hens are safe from Mr Fox.

Nippy Jen that poor old man, I guess he is in the best place but this sort of thing upsets the whole system though.

Have a good day all. God bless.

edit: Morning Kazz as well.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Good morning
Lacey walked,house tidied Need to go pick up youngest from school for an orthodonist appointment...very important to have beautiful teeth!!
Please keep fingers crossed for oldest,has an interview at 11.30...really,really,really hopes she gets it
LYNN,(( hugs)) lucky,that could have been a disaster
Back to spinning tonight,so looking forward to that,such a good laugh...mostly people laughing at me for taking little rests in between and saying Sh*t a lot!!
Hope you all have a good day See ya later
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 10:59 AM
morning all

Oh Lynn, I hope your bath is leak free now, try to find the glimmer back for the house, you will feel better for it, hugs.
Thanks for your good wishes re my cough.
Malka, it sounds like you need a nap, but with the sirens going off there wont be much napping going on.
Bev, I hope Harley's paw is ok, and no vet visit is needed.
H, glad Zena's ear has calmed down now.
Jenny,Hope you find out in plenty of time for your family get together....its a very busy time for you with all the clean up going on.
Gordon, you are being kept on your toes with hen patrol, hope you keep the foxes away from your girls.
Rosebud, stay safe in the gale
Nippy Jen, enjoy your coffee morning natter
Moyra hope the sun is still with you...its definitely not here.
Kazz, hope the endoscopy goes well for your Mum
Lacey, its sounds like you've done a full day already.

My cough was bad through the night and I ended up going downstairs to sleep in the chair so as not to keepoh awake....oh boy, what a rotten night, Im shattered and have face ache and ear ache Oh well, hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Enjoy your day, stay safe........can you tell I actually made notes today so I could remember all before me?? I probs wont remember to do it again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Morning Gordon, morning Rose.
I hope the hens keep safe from Mr. Fox, under your watchful eye I am sure they will.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Morning, Jenny Nippy, Moyra, Kazz, Eileen and Gill.
Jenny enjoy the coffee and natter.
Morning Moyra.
Good luck to your mum Kazz and enjoy the haircut and good luck with the mortgage.
Morning Eileen good luck to eldest daughter.
Morning Gill. Wishing you well soon. (((Hugs))).
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Just had a delightful half hour outside in between deluges, and indoors with the door open ( no porch just the wide outside!) Lit the fire, turf and now wood, and started tidying and organising the garden area at the front.. all kinds of shoots pushing up out there. LIDL had a special on compost so had that ready and have set seeds in trays on one of the wide windowledges that are in these old stone houses,,,, added sweet peas and Carlin peas to the boroad beans. No greenhouse or tunnel so soon every windowledge will be filled.

Dark skies and deluge now but that was a sweet refreshment.
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »