Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
That's nice sentiment Rosebud. But not if you have no youngsters around you! My only granddaughter was 13 the other day and I have only seen her about 10 times in her life time. I send her money for her birthday and Christmas and I get the odd letter of thanks or even some flowers Christmas but it does not make up for not seeing her.
Well I have no one within reach of any age... So all the young ones and old ones I meet shopping are mine. I enjoy my chats immensely. The family I have are far away but as near as my love for them

I am in a way sister and mother to many..
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 11:45 AM
When I was in Specsavers last week they asked a woman in front of me her date of birth. When she told them I thought crikey she's the same age as me!! I hoped I didn't look as old as she did
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I had the opposite, i had someone looking completely horrified when i went to get in my car and drive off the other day, turned out they thought i was 14/15.... i'm 22!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Well on Friday I was at the hospital another appointment about my knee and while I was there I was waiting I saw a older woman walk past me to book in I took no notice and then she went back past again after booking in. Then all of a sudden they called a name I knew and she stood up and went in and I realised the older woman was a good friend from school in fact she married a chap whose best mate I used to date.
A slap in the face of reality I am 50 I could be taken for an "older lady"
but doesn't it make you feel good that you don't look as old as her

Tell yourself you've weathered well .
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Oh what a sad thread . Cheer up everyone, you are only as old as you feel inside. Some of you may not be lucky enough to see much of your family but you all have your dogs who love you unconditionally .... and us and we do all care about each and every one of you . We all have down periods in our lives and we do all come out of them and appreciate the good times even more for it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I had the opposite, i had someone looking completely horrified when i went to get in my car and drive off the other day, turned out they thought i was 14/15.... i'm 22!
Don't knock it, you will be glad of that when you are an old bird...
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Well said Jenny,
I always say you are only as old as you feel, I'm 44 next and although I do think sometimes when did that creep up on me lol my boss is 26 and when a while ago I told her I'd got a son of 23 she was shocked as she thought I was only about 35 I must have been on a good day
I made a decision a while ago to not let age bother me x
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Oh what a sad thread . Cheer up everyone, you are only as old as you feel inside. Some of you may not be lucky enough to see much of your family but you all have your dogs who love you unconditionally .... and us and we do all care about each and every one of you . We all have down periods in our lives and we do all come out of them and appreciate the good times even more for it.
I dont find any of it sad Jenny. Far from it... Just the sweet reality we live with and have to come to terms with gently and so often with humour.. maybe the sdaness is in the eye of the beholder. Certainly not in anything I have written.I am deeply thankful to have reached 70 and to be alive and active.

Mind you when I was trawling the web re car insurance one site had no birth date before 1944... Mine is 1943! I binnned them

Old saying; many a good tune played on an old fiddle.. and I intend to be a good tune until the end of my days.. melodious and memorable

Re ireland; it always was very much a matriarchal society and some of that remains in respect for the old. Mammy was always boss and when Mammy not old she ruled totally.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't find it sad just a speak of reality.........
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I am always told I look 30. Well not always, but people usually guess higher than my actual age. I don't look old at all, and 30 isn't old anyway... but it's just moderately annoying.

I am almost 25 yet this has been going on since I was 22. Oh, well...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >