Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Hated it, absoloutely hated it. Avid potter fan, love the books, and think this one was even more of a cutdown joke than goblet of fire!
I have to agree Luke. There were some really important events they missed out and soooooooooo much detail!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I soo wanna see Harry Potter!! Must convince OH to take me!!
I've only read the book once, then lent it to a friend, I've not read it since, so can't really remember what happened!!

Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Goblet of Fire was my fave - and I've read the book....
How can Goblet of Fire be your fave!! Where was Dobby in the film!!!!!!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Ha ha ha bless Dobby!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I have to agree Luke. There were some really important events they missed out and soooooooooo much detail!
Aw....don't want to watch it now
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Aw....don't want to watch it now
Watch it....its fab honestly, I know I haven't read the book and I know that there will be TONNES of things left out but the book is the book, not the screen play, we'd be there for days if everything was there....but the film really is fantastic I loved it and so did the family
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Watch it....its fab honestly, I know I haven't read the book and I know that there will be TONNES of things left out but the book is the book, not the screen play, we'd be there for days if everything was there....but the film really is fantastic I loved it and so did the family
Trouble is (and I am assuming you hvae not read the last book here) is that there is so much that links.....so missing out on bits may not seem that important whe you don;t know the books.....but often seems like a really important peice of info....(It was the main reason I hated the Prisoner of Azkaban - the film missed the whole point of the book)
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I just see the books and films as two different things....I will read the last 3 books when I have seen the films, I just liked not knowing....

Its like my fave book in the world is Beloved by Toni Morrison, the film missed important details but was still a very good adaptation....

Same with Fingersmith by Sarah Waters...

Just got to not think of the book as being the screenplay, guess thats why i like them so much.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2