Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Agh, that's terrible! Sounds like your hubby and my boyfriend would get on quite well.. Thankfully my OH doesn't bother with voice chat but he does get into 'gamer mode' where you can say something to him or be talking to him and you can tell he is just not hearing any of it. Then after about 5 minutes you get a response and it's just something like 'yeap' or 'what'd you say?'
Yep, exactly what I get here. And apparently my talk with him worked really well, he's just got up and got straight on there
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Yep, exactly what I get here. And apparently my talk with him worked really well, he's just got up and got straight on there
What an a*se! Can you nudge him a bit with 'don't you remember what we talked about?' If not, take the connector cables from his computer/xbox/ps and unplug the router.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Just wanted to update and say thanks again for all the advice and kind words I received

I had a long chat on the phone with my boyfriend earlier and explained my fears. I told him how I was feeling, how I thought he was gaming too much, how I thought we should go out more instead of just hanging out on the computer and how I was worried about our relationship. I don't think he realised how bad it was and was quite good about trying to sort things out. I still think we have a lot of stuff to do but I do feel a lot better.

The main problem seems to be that he doesn't have much money at the minute. Staying in and gaming is 'cheap' because he already has the computer & games to play. He is a drummer and a guitarist but unfortunately his drums need re-skinning and he has no guitar so he's not able to do either of those until he has enough money. I've figured I can help with both of those - I have a spare guitar & amp that he can borrow for the foreseeable future and with valentines, our anniversary and his birthday coming up in the next three months, I'm going to buy him some skins for his drums for each occasion

I feel better knowing there are ways I can help rather than just saying 'stop gaming as much or I'm leaving'.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2