Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by melzy View Post
it would just have to be a bernese
But they are larger and stronger than collies! Hehe! Thinking about down sizing, if you could no longer cope with the strength as well as the energy levels of your dogs.......difficult i know!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I'd like a min poodle, always wanted one though.
I know what you mean....they are sort of seen as old people's dog, but i think they can be great little dogs given the right amount of mental stimulation.

I have also met a couple of really nice bichons....even though i am not keen on fluffy white dogs. They seem to have swayed me a bit. One that walks in a park we go to sometimes is a real dog dog, always hairing around and covered with mud....she's great!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I think I would stick with Dobermanns tbh but go for an older more difficult to home rescue or two. I think small dogs can be a bit of a hazard for anyone a bit dodgy on their pins. Also some small dogs have higher energy levels than some large dogs, so I think I'd stick in my comfort zone.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I think I would stick with Dobermanns tbh but go for an older more difficult to home rescue or two. I think small dogs can be a bit of a hazard for anyone a bit dodgy on their pins. Also some small dogs have higher energy levels than some large dogs, so I think I'd stick in my comfort zone.
Do you know - i was just invisaging my OH half falling over a Bichon in his old age....he is 6ft 6 and neither of us are the most coordinated people! hehe!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I would have a rescued oldie, JRT, BT or Patterdale terrier - I dont plan to grow old peacefully
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I would have a rescued oldie, JRT, BT or Patterdale terrier - I dont plan to grow old peacefully

Good for you!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:15 AM
jack russell again. Which is the breed I currently own.
But again I wouldn't go for a younger dog, I'd go for a 7 year old like Missy was when we adopted her, or an older one still.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:15 AM
I would always have a retriever of some sort so if i could affored it i would employ a dog walker or get my kids to do it, lol!

Seriously, if i was disabled (as in could not get around at all) or not with it mentally i would not have a dog!

Agree that smaller dogs are not always the way to go as can be just as troublesome as larger ones!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I`ve already got 2 youngsters (and 2 oldies) which hopefully means I`ll be fairly ancient when I`m able to get another but I am being drawn to a Springer or a Sprocker. They look such FUN! But it`ll probably be a rescue GSD as there are so many .
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Could not imagine live without my beloved English.... but if not them, then would be a Dachshund, as we have had one in the past and he HATED walks, but he may have been the exception
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »