Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Argh Shona , my poor babies are crying now... batttered tea pots indeed
not at all, boxers have lovely squishy faces, they are like those stress relief balls, but better coz they are dogs, have a good old squish of a boxers face {coupled with the boxer loving that comes with touching them anywhere} and all the stress flows out of you. lol
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
not at all, boxers have lovely squishy faces, they are like those stress relief balls, but better coz they are dogs, have a good old squish of a boxers face {coupled with the boxer loving that comes with touching them anywhere} and all the stress flows out of you. lol
Awww, that better, they are your friends again now

Ooops, now I understand your comment

Don`t even whisper it in case he hears, but the Rottie looks like a battered teapot (oops, nearly got the pots mixed up there) as against the beautiful lines and looks of the GS.
John Bull
Cant say I ever thought of a Rotti, as a battered tea pot either ???
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Awww, that better, they are your friends again now

Ooops, now I understand your comment

Cant say I ever thought of a Rotti, as a battered tea pot either ???

I would class vinnie as far more melted wellie than battered tea pot lol
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 12:15 PM
the shorter wider jaw has a stronger bite than a more narrow one, so would be better and more efficient at dealing with wolves, bears, bulls and indeed people, as many ancient mollosers were war dogs and used for hunting, guarding and baiting.

Dogs such as Pekingese and Shih Tzu were bred with a shorter jaw to closer represent mythical lions in Chinese culture.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I would class vinnie as far more melted wellie than battered tea pot lol
bless him
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Incidentally, I was reading a journal article the other day that said brachycephalic breeds tend to have better eyesight.
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-10-2009, 12:48 PM
This is what I understand from evolutionary information and scientific interpretation.

Perhaps this topic is beyond the scope of a Forum discussion, but we all have to learn.

Thousands of years ago, there was a creature which for simplicity we will call a prehistoric dog.

This animal lived all over the ancient Earth. Those species that lived in the colder climates evolved with long jaws to enable them to dig into snow for food, besides being well equipped for their normal killing ability to suit their carnivore diet.

Those species that lived in the temperate and hot zones evolved with sub nosed features as they did not need a long jawline for foraging in snow and stiil yet again had the means of killing their prey.

This variety of ancient dog derivatives came up through the milleniums to give us the basic breeds we have today, some with long snouts and some with snub snouts.

There is NO single animal from which these variants evolved. They evolved from a pre-historic species. The common understanding that the Wolf is the corner-stone of all dogs is a complete myth.

Mother Nature is an incredible and unexplainable miracle in providing creatures with all their faculties for survival. Man`s ability to achieve this miraculous feature is non-existent. Man cannot even understand it with all the modern scientific clap-trap he has at his modern disposal.

So there we have it - NOT irresponsible modern day breeders, but a function of Darwin`s Theory on Evolution.
Three cheers for Charlie !

John Bull
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Just another pearl of wisdom.

When Charles Darwin first gave his lecture on Evolution to the Royal Society in the late 1800`s, it was so radical that he was nearly expelled for even suggesting that life was due to natural evolution, rather that it all being born under a Gooseberry Bush.

They finally accepted it, but even in recent times Darwin`s Theory on Evolution was banned from the cariculum of schools in some States in the USA, backed up by legislation, simply because it contravened the theological teachings of Christianity, which taught the inexplicable progress of species as laid out in the scriptures of some sky fairy.

John Bull
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 01:22 PM
the church has always had issues with science
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
This is what I understand from evolutionary information and scientific interpretation.

Perhaps this topic is beyond the scope of a Forum discussion, but we all have to learn.

Thousands of years ago, there was a creature which for simplicity we will call a prehistoric dog.

This animal lived all over the ancient Earth. Those species that lived in the colder climates evolved with long jaws to enable them to dig into snow for food, besides being well equipped for their normal killing ability to suit their carnivore diet.

Those species that lived in the temperate and hot zones evolved with sub nosed features as they did not need a long jawline for foraging in snow and stiil yet again had the means of killing their prey.

This variety of ancient dog derivatives came up through the milleniums to give us the basic breeds we have today, some with long snouts and some with snub snouts.

There is NO single animal from which these variants evolved. They evolved from a pre-historic species. The common understanding that the Wolf is the corner-stone of all dogs is a complete myth.

Mother Nature is an incredible and unexplainable miracle in providing creatures with all their faculties for survival. Man`s ability to achieve this miraculous feature is non-existent. Man cannot even understand it with all the modern scientific clap-trap he has at his modern disposal.

So there we have it - NOT irresponsible modern day breeders, but a function of Darwin`s Theory on Evolution.
Three cheers for Charlie !

John Bull

You`ll have to forgive me John Bull, as I have not got time to re-read your post over again... to understand the full gist of what you are trying to say.

Are you saying, that man has had no part in the development of the canine world, that its all down to nature and evaluation???
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >