View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I am glad the dog was taken from its owner, there is no excuse for this cruelty, sadly even with intervention by authorities, some people just dont get it that they are killing their dogs with "kindness" everyone not just those that have internet know that being obese is a killer, if you had a dog that could hardly walk, could not scratch its own ears, was wobbling when it did manage to walk, you would know that there is a problem, and a responsible owner would do something about it, I for one am glad this dog has been given a new lease on life.

Mo
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
but to gain knowledge then education needs to b given weather it be self learned knowledge or taught.
ATD x
But some people just don’t learn, there was a programme a while back with the woman with a huge rottie. She was told what she was doing to her dog, she was killing him, but she didn’t care. She thought she was doing the right thing and refused to put him on a diet… and kept feeding him all kind of crap… im sure she isn’t the only one who does that…

Originally Posted by mo View Post
I am glad the dog was taken from its owner, there is no excuse for this cruelty, sadly even with intervention by authorities, some people just dont get it that they are killing their dogs with "kindness" everyone not just those that have internet know that being obese is a killer, if you had a dog that could hardly walk, could not scratch its own ears, was wobbling when it did manage to walk, you would know that there is a problem, and a responsible owner would do something about it, I for one am glad this dog has been given a new lease on life.

Mo
i agree
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post

Mo
could not have put it better myself- thank you sane person!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 08:19 PM
no one is saying its ok to have fat pets,

but its not ok to say people with socail problems shouldnt have them either,

I live in Larbert, where the RSNH used to be, when they closed the hospital many of the people who lived there were put into care in the community,

many of them have dogs, many of them have the mental age of a child,
Im glad to say, all of those with dogs I have seen, seem to have fit, healthy lovely pets,
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
no one is saying its ok to have fat pets,

but its not ok to say people with socail problems shouldnt have them either,

I live in Larbert, where the RSNH used to be, when they closed the hospital many of the people who lived there were put into care in the community,

many of them have dogs, many of them have the mental age of a child,
Im glad to say, all of those with dogs I have seen, seem to have fit, healthy lovely pets,
i agree, i think anyone should be allowed pets if they can provide everything that is needed. but i think if the animal isnt getting that, it is right to remove the animal no matter what the reason for it is.

this dog was dangerously overweight, so i agree he should have been taken off his owner. it was the best thing for his health.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i agree, i think anyone should be allowed pets if they can provide everything that is needed. but i think if the animal isnt getting that, it is right to remove the animal no matter what the reason for it is.

this dog was dangerously overweight, so i agree he should have been taken off his owner. it was the best thing for his health.
indeed, the dog would have most likely had a very short unhealthy life in the situation it was in

sadly in todays world, we seem to be seeing more and more obese problems, not only with pets, but peoples kids as well,

clearly there are some people who just think, I like food, its ok to be like this, its ok for my pet/child to be like this,
sad really.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
indeed, the dog would have most likely had a very short unhealthy life in the situation it was in

sadly in todays world, we seem to be seeing more and more obese problems, not only with pets, but peoples kids as well,

clearly there are some people who just think, I like food, its ok to be like this, its ok for my pet/child to be like this,
sad really.
yeah, i know what you mean. its out of control...

some people just think food is a way to make people or animals happy... my mum actually did that with my old dog. he was extremely underweight when we got him, and she felt guilty for what he had gone through. so she gave him loads of treats to make up for it luckily she stopped before he got overweight.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2