Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I think you're right there, mind you, it's our fault for having a naughty breed like setters, isn't it Rachel?
Setters norty - nah - well maybe just a little - alright - yes!!!

I know looked at your thread and remembered a whole lot more - Sacha ate a pine table pretty much! In a couple of hours! Shoes/chair legs - oh dear can we not do this now!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
I can home one day to find the WHOLE yellow pages shredded around the whle downstairs of my house

Georgie just sat there looking at me as if to say "I promise, there's no way it could of been me"
Yep - got that t-shirt too - another Angus one - that's why he is known as The Horror!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Max has eaten:

1 whole Battenburg
1 Bluetooth Headset
1 Argos catalogue
4 fresh eggs and a whole eggbox
2 net curtains
1 packet contraceptive pills
1 new wicker bed
Several carpet tiles
2 mini packs of compost and seeds (including plastic seed trays and instructions)
1 aerosol can of shoe freshener

I've also found him licking the blades of a new set of topiary shears (that were wrapped up, with blade guards on, inside a plastic bad and a padded envelope, on top of the microwave)

He has chased a peacock down our road (escaped under the fence) and I had to chase him down the road in my pink PJ's!

He likes to get clothes/shoes etc and sleep on them and drool on them...

We have also had the same type of baby-gate incidents that other people have had, and it was only the first time that Max left us lots of presents on the carpet (6 to be exact), now if he "escapes", he just chucks all the cushions off the sofa and lies across the top of one barking out of the window.

We still love him though!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Too many things..we've had a fair few dogs through the years, so going backwards would have me here all day!!
Florrie, is quite a good girl..she;s only had a few incidents, like destroying a catering sized sack of flour and rolling the contents all over the house, or coming to the front door munching on a nice piece of cat s*** and loads of kitty litter in her beards when some Gypsys were trying to sell something..she also did once foul a rather lovely picnic blankett of a courting couple having a sunset picnic over the fields last year..were not best pleased!
Ralph has always been an anorchist and out to cause destruction wherever he may be, he brought a tube of hemroid cream down to the front door and the contents got squirted over an innocent delivery man, he mounted and repeatedly humped a widdowed aunt, he started bonking some stupid giggling doll of a young 2nd cousin's, he once thought a bag of compost was the greatest toy ever, oh and that feather pillows if torn can be such a load of fun! He's done far too much to mention..far too much i've remained innocently unaware of and chose to ignore too!
Trouble is Luke - I read this and think oh I like Ralph!!! what a character!! Do you think I need locking up??
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Hmm, the main one that comes to mind was the time Roxy destroyed our bedroom, she's not really a chewer but one daywhen left for a few hours we came home to find the carpet shredded, our bed chewed to bits, the matress on the floor with poo smudged into the duvet, the filing cabinet pulled down with the folders and files strawn across the floor and the corner of the wall eaten

Another time I came out of the shower (and I have NO idea where she got it from) but a razor was chewed into tiny pieces, I dont know how she didn't hurt herself but the blade itself was chopped into tiny bits, luckily she didn't actually eat any of it!!

Other bad habbits include the vast digestion of cat poo, and the fact she will go lengths to find some. And if my nephews use the potty without our knowledge, or my sister hasn't cleaned it up immediately, you'll find Roxy head stuck in there lapping :smt078
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I think you're right there, mind you, it's our fault for having a naughty breed like setters, isn't it Rachel?
Oh I remember it well, when I was growing up we had a Irish setter x retreiver, he looked like a red retreiver but certainly had the mischeivious side of the setter!!!

Here are just a few more memorable things he did
1) chewed through his bean bag bed 1 day while we were out - oh the joy of trying to clean up those little poly balls!!

2) he then decided that they didn't taste so nice and that the lino in the corner of the kitchen was so much better (we'd only been in the house 6 months & everything was brand new ).

3) Selective deafness was a joy, he decided 1 day when Mum & some guests took him for a walk that he'd not bother to listen to them and off he disappeared for 2 hours!!! . My poor mum was beside herself, he then proceeded to trot home, up the drive (luckily we live in the middle of no where) and present himself to us only thing was he was Bright yellow . Silly sod had been charging through the oilseed rape fields.

It took sooooooo long to get him back to the rich red colour he should have been and to remove the stuff from his eyes, ears, up his nose etc

4) Not that long after the yellow dog incident he decided that my mum (in her early fifties at the time) should learn how to vault hedgerows . They were walking when Baron spied a fallow deer and decided to give chase with mum in hot pursuit. eventually he caught up with it and lay down next to it barking at it to get up and play!!! He didn't hurt it at all just wanted to keep on playing.

I think so far we have escaped quite lightly with Louie although on Sat we took him into PAH to look for a new collar and he decided to pee up the biscuit display - oh the shame so we dashed out of there and went to another one the other side of the city, made sure he'd pee'd and went in only for the little so & so to do it again. We decided not to risk taking him into Jolley's when we got back home!!!!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I forgot, Max's finest moment was this:

Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I forgot, Max's finest moment was this:

That makes Baron's corner chewing look small time
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 12:06 PM
When Cassie was only a tiny puppy, I was saying goodbye to a friend of mine next to a wrought iron gate, and she loved licking feet, and since this friend had flip flops on, she decided to put her head through a small hole at the bottom of the wrought iron gate! I looked down and quickly realised that with her massive big ears, there was no way she was gonna be able to pull that head BACK through that hole!! She panicked, so did I, my friend calmed me down, and tried to calm her down whilst I came indoors and rang the fire brigade!!!

10 minutes later, Red Watch arrived, 6 hunking great handsome firemen, they took one look at my cute little puppy with her head stuck through the hole and decided the best course of action would be the 10 ton hydraulic bolt cutters!!!!

I couldn't believe how still she laid, whilst they started cutting right next to her neck, but they ended up having to cut two pieces out in order to free her!!! She never made a murmer and the fireman said she knows they're trying to help her.

When it was all over, I offered to pay them, I wanted to, but they said all they wanted was a kiss, so I puckered up in anticipation, so did my friend, but he meant a kiss from Cassie!!! Awwwwwwww

She managed to get herself in their special book with photo's that they keep for their Open Days, so she's famous down there now!!! Gives me a good excuse to take her down to visit them,phwoooooooooaaar!!!!

It was very norty of her though to stick her head through there in the first place!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2007, 12:28 PM
She managed to get herself in their special book with photo's that they keep for their Open Days, so she's famous down there now!!! Gives me a good excuse to take her down to visit them,phwoooooooooaaar!!!!

It was very norty of her though to stick her head through there in the first place!!![/quote]

lucky cassie, lol. kisses from all those big firemen,

My lot have to many nortys to mention, anyone who has followed the progress of the summer litter of pups will know only to well I have been to hell and back lol. Holly only this morning ruined her dads new wooly jumper, It no longer has an elbow,,,, little angel
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >