Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
getting dogs in quick succession can be good or bad depending on the dogs. I now live with three pups aged 16 months, 11 months and 2 months. We all live in harmony and the dogs don't run silly indoors. I think with some breeds that age gap would be horrendous, but with two laid back dogs and one energetic one it's pretty peaceful.
see daph is quite laid back anyway, i know a boxer isnt laid back at all lol, and i think i want a bigger dog next but a laid back one. i think maybe having three pups that were all very hyper it could be a problem.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:25 PM
getting dogs in quick succession can be good or bad depending on the dogs. I now live with three pups aged 16 months, 11 months and 2 months. We all live in harmony and the dogs don't run silly indoors. I think with some breeds that age gap would be horrendous, but with two laid back dogs and one energetic one it's pretty peaceful.
actually now it's written down I've realised I AM bonkers. Especially as I'm looking into getting another dog in 2010/2011 depending on waiting lists and a litter from Rio hopefully from which we will keep 1 or 2. Yep it's official..

My name is Gill and I'm a dogaholic.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:26 PM
actually now it's written down I've realised I AM bonkers. Especially as I'm looking into getting another dog in 2010/2011 depending on waiting lists and a litter from Rio hopefully from which we will keep 1 or 2. Yep it's official..

My name is Gill and I'm a dogaholic.
haha well then i am chloe and i am a dogaholic. maybe we should start a dogaholic anonymous!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
see daph is quite laid back anyway, i know a boxer isnt laid back at all lol, and i think i want a bigger dog next but a laid back one. i think maybe having three pups that were all very hyper it could be a problem.
yeah having a few laid back dogs is pretty easy. The disadvantage is that the lazier dogs are often more resistant to training. But if you want to show, not do obedience and you have safe areas to exercise the dogs in it's no problem. I exercise mine offlead, but I'm lucky that I have a beach that's seldom used by anyone. If I lived in a city or near farmland they would be on lead dogs mostly. The big advantage is that they are really chilled in the house all the time.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:29 PM
haha well then i am chloe and i am a dogaholic. maybe we should start a dogaholic anonymous!
lol!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-12-2009, 05:36 PM
aren't you after another Crested? Thought you were looking for a hairless boy? You must be really excited now!!!
im already definately getting the hairless boy he arrives in may well around then so he will be one and a half when mum plans on giving me the money for my next dog. i think with this money i will buy a different breed because i like so many and with two cresteds then, a different breed would be nice, but after seeing my long list its just which one lol
I thought you had decided on a Boxer?

But if its not till next yr , then you have got a good time to decide on the right breed
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
£800! Cor - that`s more than I paid for all four of mine. Come to think of it, it`s more than I paid for all the dogs I`ve ever had (9 in total)
Thats what pedigree /show dogs cost,, you take your pick and pay the price!!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I thought you had decided on a Boxer?

But if its not till next yr , then you have got a good time to decide on the right breed
it will be the year after, 2011 so i have plenty of time i do really want a boxer but i was talking to some different people that have owned or own them and have heard some horror stories i dont know if i would be prepared for some of the things i have heard lol, and maybe a laid back dog would be better
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 06:21 PM
well i have just done the quiz on the kennel club website to see what breed of dog i could own and it has come up with 33 results! on my list are:
  • australian cattledog
  • basenji
  • beagle
  • border terrier
  • boston terrier
  • bull terrier
  • bull terrier (miniature)
  • bulldog
  • chihuahua (smooth coat)
  • chinese crested YeY!!!
  • daschund (mini smooth haired)
  • daschund (smooth haired)
  • english toy terrier
  • fox terrier
  • french bulldog
  • german pinscher
  • italian greyhound
  • japanese shiba inu
  • lancashire heeler
  • manchester terrier
  • all 3 mexican hairless
  • miniature pinscher
  • norwegian buhund
  • parson russel terrier
  • pug
  • shar pei
  • staffordshire bull terrier
  • swedish vallhund
  • both corgis
  • whippet

haha now where to start with that?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 06:26 PM
after just posting that though i realised it doesnt really make much sense.... none of the gundogs are on there even though i said it could be walked for more than two hours a day and i also said i could groom it every day, yet got no long haired dogs? ok maybe the quiz wasnt a very good idea lol...
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »