View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 06:41 AM
There is only one shop you can buy it from and that's trutex,now trutex stuff isn't cheap.
They tried to say that the only trousers and skirts they are allowed to wear must be the ones featured in the trutex catologue, at £15/£20
I brought Tom his Trousers from a local shop for £4.

Anyway Liz has taken the letter this morning, and Tom has PE today so it should be interesting to see what happens
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 06:58 AM
I agree with you because our Foster son is with us (agency fosters) and not with a local authority carer we (as carers) have to sort out all his clothing needs, not that it bothers me, but when we kitted him out with his new uniform I was abit surprised that a PE/football shirt (reversable) with the logo on was £12.99 thats before I got the rest

We got the trousers and white polo shirts from Asda, much more reasonably priced, shame they do not carry the PE kit required
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 07:05 AM
It's really annoyed me,I mean £25 for a top is OTT,I could get a Nike or adidas etc cheaper and these are nothing special.

I have already spent over £100 each on sweaters,t-shirts,trousers,socks shoes etc,then they want you to buy the PE kits for another £70/80 each.

I don't mind buyng the actual uniform but pe kits specific to school at the prices they are charging is taking things to far.

Money is tight at the moment, as it is with most families and I just don't have a spare £150 to spend on two pe kits.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 08:13 AM
That's horrendous why on earth can't tshirt and shorts in a colour do
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
That's horrendous why on earth can't tshirt and shorts in a colour do
Exactly,
a plain white t shirt and blue skirt /shorts would be fine.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Something really should be done nationally to stop schools being able to penalise families financially like this.
They really are taking it to the ridiculous especially with the P.E kits.
I can feel me going into protest mode, now who would you contact to campaign against all schools being allowed to this so far.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I can feel me going into protest mode, now who would you contact to campaign against all schools being allowed to this so far.
Probably worth going to the local paper, especially if you can find a few other parents in the sme boat...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Probably worth going to the local paper, especially if you can find a few other parents in the sme boat...
If my kids are punished then I will go to the LEA first if nothing is resolved then I will go to the press,I have done that before lol
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
If my kids are punished then I will go to the LEA first if nothing is resolved then I will go to the press,I have done that before lol
I would actually go the Governing body and lodge a formal complaint.....they may well be unaware of the impact on families it is having and it is their responsibility.If it goes to them as a formal complaint it has to be discussed by a small committee of governors.....Ultimately the LEA don't set uniforms etc....

Anyway..Good Luck!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I would actually go the Governing body and lodge a formal complaint.....they may well be unaware of the impact on families it is having and it is their responsibility.If it goes to them as a formal complaint it has to be discussed by a small committee of governors.....Ultimately the LEA don't set uniforms etc....

Anyway..Good Luck!
Thanks!

I did an email last night and sent it,because Lizzie didn't hand in the letter,she didn't know who to give it to

Tom was told yesterday,his mum needs to go to town today and get him the correct kit for monday,I'm sure these teachers think we have unlimited funds.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >