View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all your well wishes. Brian seems fine. It's tomorrow that the catheter will come out.
I hope Dillon is enjoying his birthday trip. As you say I really can't believe he is 4.
I have never been a GSD lover. I think because a neighbour had one as I was growing up that was a little vicious
Very quiet here today for a Sunday. Our son has been and walked Pepsi. She was so excited, she loves him. I have suggested that he starts a dog walking business and calls it "Pauls Paws" Lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2015, 03:27 PM
afternoon all, did dive on earlier but had to get off sharpish!
Nippy, pleased Brian is at home...commiserations with regards the catheter, better than a full bladder i guess though
Lol@the name for your sons business
Dillon Happy birthday big boy
I like GSD's.... but as you say the ones from when i was growing up with a straight back and decent legs, i always wanted 6 when i was growing up and one was to be all black so i could call it midnight...i had a black gerbil instead called midnight Lol
just scoffed a massive roast dinner...minus the meat and could consider popping the button on my jeans Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Had a lovely time at Brancaster it was very busy it was lovely and sunny and warm. Very foggy in Upwell and through to Kings Lynn then it cleared.
Just in from taking the titan covers out of the car and cleaning them all sand everywhere and his quilt cover and towels in the wash.
Hosed the car down and it is now drying before the cover goes on it till I use it again in the week.
Have some photos of our morning will pop them on in a bit.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Good evening hope you have all had a good day.

Son's kitchen is finished and now looks nice and clean. He really needs a complete gutting back to brickwork and refit of units but that will have to wait until the funds allow. His next project is his shower room. It needs all the tiles off and back to brickwork and replastering same as the kitchen then a proper shower unit fitted not the make do and mend he has at the moment
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2015, 07:07 PM
When he's finished (or rather you have) I'm looking for help to sort my kitchen out.You are a very good mum
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Oh never mind June she is still young. When I practised stays I went behind a building so that they couldn't see me but I could see them. It was amazing how a disembodied voice saying stay made them think. Watched a really good film this afternoon, at least I thought it was called The Core. Sci fi type film. Downton on soon. bfn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2015, 07:59 PM
She's quite good at stays as well,just one of those things, at 5 months old she's not quite ready for the reject pile
3 of us took it and we all failed, the other 2 quite spectacularly with their recall Usually its my dogs that launch themselves into a mad dash round the field on recall, so it made a change
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Oh bless her she is still very young so keep going. Just think if you wanted to do obedience shows with her you still have a month to crack it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2015, 08:41 PM
TW, could you try a treat on the floor and make her stay...she will be that focused on the treat and waiting for you to let her have it that she should keep her bum on the ground..that's how i get mine to focus on staying for a long while, i also use hand signals too... probably giving you wrong advice but that works very very well for both of mine
Moyra, hope you ha a morning peace
Sue...errrmmm we have loads to do here... do ya fancy fitting me in after TW??
Lynn, sounds like a nice time was had
Hope mandy has had a good time in London
Getting a tad worried about Lacey now, really hope she is just flat out busy and nothing wrong with her mum or the babies and sarah
Managed to fix the wood that the curtain track is on back into the lintel...used some epoxy cementy stuff, works really well, bl**dy stinks though Lol might see if my neighbour wants some as the same thing happened round her house and her dad is dead old and won't bother
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
I already train with mainly hand signals, and treats are consumed in nano seconds, so she gets the treat afterwards when she's stayed. It'll come when she's ready,she was really excited and trying to play with the dog next to her who was bounding about and getting excited as was the one on the other side, so not the best of places to be. She has to learn to ignore them, and thats hard when you are only just 5 months, the other 2 were about 8 or 9 months. To her its all a game and she wants to join in, I am disappointed, of course I am, but she is a puppy when all said and done, and she behaved like a puppy in that situation.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >