Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Kazz
Specsavers staff are not allowed to comment on how well or badly the DVLA eyesight test did. All they say is it data taken gets electronically passed to the DVLA who make the decision. SO now got to wait until I get a letter in the post
Well good luck to you,
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 09:54 PM
Lol...I have a heated coat Kazz, was mispriced and I bought it for my dad but it was too small so I kept it....at least my top half will be toasty warm.
I bought some fluffy lounge wear from primarni and it's quite cosy and then Wilko had some blankets reduced from £11 to £5 so I bought some of those, gave one to my uncle and one to Steve too.
Ordered a dashcam for Steve and it said dispatched but the tracking never updated so I had a right strop at the seller and got my money back, managed to get another... exactly the same but £20 more expensive but it's turned up at least, I said I am not hardwiring it until I am sure he is keeping the car, not wasting my time for him to sell the car and someone else have the benefit and then have to do it again in his next car, it's not hard, just fiddly and I am getting tired so easily now.
Kazz, I haven't seen my uncle properly for about 20 years, I have sat with him whilst he has been on life support and visited him during his stays in hospital and prison, I ran into him briefly in town a few years ago and last time I saw him to speak to I was telling him his brother was dead. I had tried on and off to find him but kept drawing blanks, I was about to go to the police for help when I contacted the salvation army again and they got a message to him. Hopefully will get to see him after Christmas but if not, I know that I tried.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 10:43 PM
Griff and he know you have tried the fact he has contacted you means he is trying to stay in contact sometimes some people are not able to retrace their steps and make contacts for whatever reason and as long as we accept how they want to live their lives then that's enough.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 10:57 PM
Evening all

It was the village cafe again today Kazz, but we still couldn't attempt the ramp as we had to be back early

The scooters we bought in July are brilliant the the battery indicators are naff. They sent an engineer out today (after a lot of screaming and shouting) who said it's normal for them to behave the way they are doing. Erm, no, do you want us to get one of the old scooters out of the car and run them side by side? He tested the batteries and said they are fine. Hubby said to wait 10 minutes. He drove one of the scooters to the village and back and the indicator was well down in the yellow (which means they need charging PDQ) and said to the guy, take a photo of that indicator, test the battery (showing full still) and fix it. Instead he said he would send a report to the shop to say the battery indicators are erratic. I'm not holding my breath that they are going to be fixed, but I'll give them a chance and then off to the small claims court we go
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 11:12 PM
Sounds more like the engineer was erratic and the batteries naff. Other than that was yours a good day?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2022, 08:31 AM
Kazz I read your words about how people want to live their lives but when it is a daughter that is not displaying the usual thoughts for family it hurts and worries a mother.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2022, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Kazz I read your words about how people want to live their lives but when it is a daughter that is not displaying the usual thoughts for family it hurts and worries a mother.
Brenda all you can do is keep contact I suppose via cards/letters/emails/texts however you can as well as birthdays Christmas Easter special days. I hope you get the outcome you want need

/
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2022, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Sounds more like the engineer was erratic and the batteries naff. Other than that was yours a good day?
Nah, the batteries are fine. The problem is with the battery indicater. When the engineer was here, he tested the batteries and they showed full. So Dave drove the scooter to the village and back and the guage was in the yellow (means put on charge now) so the engineer tested the batteries again and they were still full so the indicator shouldn't have gone down at all at that point
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2