Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Would they let a Boxer do working trials?
Any breed can do working trials, even crosses as long as they are on the KC activities register.
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2007, 08:42 AM
At the end of the day all these things are to be fun for us and of course the dog.

Like Patch says - reading your post does give me the impression that you would rather not carry on pushing him - if he likes the jumps - like others and you have said agility might be the answer?

You both need to enjoy it don't you and if it feels like a chore then it can't be as enjoyable as you would like.

good luck - keep pushing on the agility clubs you will get in in the end.

Dogs are such funny creatures aren't they - how their minds work hey!!!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Theres nothing to stop you Ive seen boxers do some very good tracks. Go and have a look
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Weird, isn't it!

Max will fetch a ball, or get a "dead" ball from the garden or the beach as many times as I want him to.... ask him to do the same at Flyball and he looks at me like he's never seen a tennis ball in his life!
hi just noticed this ,well tonight will be our 4 wk dylan just started to realise whats what ,willow whilst we are there is ,god whats this all about she isnt or dosnt like tennis ball ,untill thisafternoon i have took her usual ball on arope ,which she loves off her replaced it with a tennis ball ,she was digusted ,but soon realised ,what was happening ,started to pick it up eventually brought it back ,so im hopeing she may begin to do the same thing to night ,we are really looking like two daft backwood girls lol
so im pleased and hopeing we might get some where .
DaVinci
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I think that if you make it fun he will catch on. My sister dog had NO ball drive at all in the begining. Now she loves her ball loves class. Lots of praise and lots of patients and I think Max will get it. If you fell frustrated then he is picking up on that.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2