Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
I have a little clip on one like that too. If you are feeding dried/complete dog food then the dog will drink a lot. If you are confining the dog over night it will need several drinks.
this is my dilema he is on kibble

laying in wet solied beding is no fun tho x

think i will try one of these x
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
This is the one I bought - brilliant! It doesn't spill or tip at all and we love it
cool sounds good x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
M/T I have the dish in the picture above which came with the crate It just lifts out for washing and the height can be adjusted on the bars to suit.
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 08:22 PM
ohh thats easy enough thank you x
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Inca had one from Dogs Trust when she was little it had the special lid that leaves a hole in the centre, when you tip it up the water doesn't come out.

I used to make sure she ate, drunk and toileted before i left her in it for short trips when she was really young then when she was bit older I'd leave crate door open, shut the doors to other rooms and she had the hall to play in with a treat dispensing toy and the non spill water bowl in the corner.

Now I leave bedroom door open (I'm in a small bungalow) so she can get to her bed while I'm out, soft music on hi-fi, a lamp to come on in winter if its gonna be darker by the time I get back and she has access to her water fountain in the kitchen and a treat dispensing toy left in the hall for her.
maxi/toby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2012, 05:59 PM
wow katilea

sounds like uu give ur pooch great care x i leave a light on too if were late and feed them earlier if out over tea time (quite rare) i find toby doesnt eat if hes in his crate for some time but he eats his 2 meals in his crate ?/???

ie if we give him brekky in his crate n leave house its still there when we come home but if were home he eats it ...... dog one maxi has free roam of kitchen diner with acess to water and i always throw a lil kibble in a bowl just in case he is hungry....

and we leave radio on

and plenty of toys and chews x
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-11-2012, 08:25 PM
How about a non spill bowl, these are the ones I've got:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/36049...d=406323106758
DexNjj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2012, 04:41 AM
http://www.petstore.com/Petmate_Wate...DGCKAC-vi.html

this is the one I've got, it stays out of the way and surprisingly my dog does not chew it, which he would do with a loose plastic bowl.
If you think it's too small, they are cheap enough to put more than one. The crates I have are the standard black wire ones and this snaps onto the wires and actually is difficult for me to remove.
If you get this water bowl, also get a watering can with a slim spout. Snap the bowl to the crate, then use the watering can to fill it. When you want to clean the bowl, wait until the dog has drank almost all of the water and then you can remove the bowl without spilling
DexNjj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2012, 04:48 AM
definitely don't get this one
http://www.petstore.com/Ethical_Pet_...BDFWCC-vi.html
my dog just knocked it all over, spilling food. Though the bowl is nice and I use it now for a measuring scoop for dog food
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by maxi/toby View Post
wow katilea

sounds like uu give ur pooch great care x i leave a light on too if were late and feed them earlier if out over tea time (quite rare) i find toby doesnt eat if hes in his crate for some time but he eats his 2 meals in his crate ?/???

ie if we give him brekky in his crate n leave house its still there when we come home but if were home he eats it ...... dog one maxi has free roam of kitchen diner with acess to water and i always throw a lil kibble in a bowl just in case he is hungry....

and we leave radio on

and plenty of toys and chews x

Lol! she is spoilt but she's an old lady now.. nearly 12.. doesn't really need her crate. it's been saved for the next dog I'm hoping to adopt from Dogs Trust sometime in the next year. (just until I know I can leave them together without any fights or new dog chewing my expensive flooring.. lol!)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >